[8] insomniacs and flashbacks

"Garroth, can you hear me?"

I look around the white, empty, boundless space.

"Who is this?" I reply to the voice, and a figure appears. Long blonde hair drags across the floor, and her blue eyes glisten and shimmer, even though there isn't any specific source of light.

"M-Mother?" I stutter for the first time in awhile. My legs gain control and run towards her, and her arms wrap around my thin body. Much like mine.

"I've been watching." She says as we pull away from the hug, and I'm confused.

"Aphmau, your new and only friend, is bringing out the true Garroth. The one you'd be today, if I was alive and your father didn't go absolutely power-crazy." She says, and now I'm even more confused.

"The Garroth who lives in that dusty attic, gets beaten up by some popular group, and picked on by everyone in school, isn't the true Garroth I see inside. The Garroth who doesn't have the sparkling, passionate eyes he had when he was born isn't the true Garroth." She tells me, and I tilt my head.

"Where do you think your observing comes from? Can't be from that wretched father of yours." She says, pacing slowly back and forth.

"I don't get what you're trying to tell me, Mother." I finaly say, and she stops in front of me, and turns to face me.

"Tomorrow is a Saturday, is it not?" She says, seriousness filled her blue eyes.

"Yes." I say, and she smiles.

"Survive until Monday, and a certain blue-haired boy has a few words to say to you." She grinned, and her figure started to fade.

"Mother?" I called, and soon she appeared.

She looked breath-taking.

"Wait what? I never say anything like that." I mumbled to myself, but shook the thought off as she neared.

A purple flower crown was worn around her head, a long lilac purple dress matched with her lilac purple flats.

Her black hair was longer, reaching down to ankle length, and each step she took held much grace.

"A-Aphmau?" I stuttered again, and she smiled.

She didn't reply, just smiled.

A breath of air escaped my lips, almost like a sigh. A sigh of disbelief.

Her figure soon began to fade, and the void slowly turned to black.

I felt the same pain; the same force; being kicked into my ribs, much like the beating I took from the gossip group.

I got pushed to the ground, and chains wrapped around my ankles and wrists, digging in so deep it cut my skin, fresh blood flowing from the wounds.

The gravity shifted, and the floor became the wall. The same evil laughter from my brother echoed in the room. An image of Laurance and Aphmau hugging appeared, and a sudden pang of jealously hit me like a truck.

"You love this girl." Zane unknown voice said, and I shook my head.

"I don't believe in love." I yell back, and the laugh sounds again.