A New Chapter Begins

Troubled eyes were running over a short message. One that came right after the other one, it had reached its reader from a nearby corner of the world where the first one was sent from. The content of the two messages couldn't have been more different from one another. Even the technical level of encryption of the message used on both messages was like day and night different from each other. 

One came from one of Konohagakure's Sannin – Chestnut Hanasaku, the other one was from the Kage Summit and signed by all three remaining Kage. The first one was informing that all was going well, the other one informed of an event that changed everything, as the young folk often put events like this – "shit went down".

The reason for such a specific expression of words was selected for the reader of the messages to form the general image in his mind because the message from Hanasaku literally had that combination of words in it, which was in no way at all surprising having in mind the person who sent the message. 

Despite the fact that Hanasaku was a woman whose external image displayed great maturity as she reminded of a matured middle-aged woman of great stature and presence, her behavior was that of a child and her intellect was literally that of a chestnut upon which her nickname was aptly chosen. That cover of the color of her hair being the reason must've just been what her friends told the silly minded Sannin.

The content of the message displayed a clear image that the woman was proceeding with her mission together with her squad of some of the village's most potent and experienced genin. Somehow the woman managed to so far avoid noticing the fact that Kirigakure's patrol forces increased tenfold and avoiding suspicion and being noticed had literally become impossible, somehow she had managed to avoid the fact that she may have been wanted with a bounty on her head for a while, she even managed to avoid the knowledge of the Kage Summit or the events that transpired there. 

That devilish woman just tore through everything in her sight, every single Kirigakure ninja, unable to destroy the bunker with the secret information before it was teleported to Kirigakure by a trap seal the woman just sunk the entire island. Such obvious denial of ninja tradition of subtlety and secrecy would've without a doubt invited an international scandal if one wouldn't have transpired right after, one to dwarf the other in its entirety.

The man reading the letter rubbed his tired eyes, the assistant of the man leaned up to receive instructions for his further course of actions. "Chestnut Hanasaku has informed us that she had destroyed the bunker and retrieved the information she needs and is returning home, one of her genin was severely injured and she admitted that she did not dare attempt treatment instead leaving it to her pupils." The chubby little man spoke to his assistant. The butler-like looking gentleman fixed his vest and cleared his throat.

"Perhaps lady Hanasaku is growing in wisdom? I'd assume knowing her impatient and... Highly destructive personality in mind it'd be very bad for her to attempt and perform basic first aid."

The chubby little man slapped his own bald forehead and moved his palm down accidentally striking his grey hair bun and then covered his mouth, then proceeded to rub his beard. "She's the only viable candidate for Kage at the moment, sadly we don't have any Jounin that are on the level of competence to just skip her. She may be an utter pain to manage but we'll have to put her on that chair if we want the village to be safe. Order the message to be sent to her informing her to accelerate her return and do it safely. Her return to the village is now another A-Rank mission for both her and her students. Those genin of hers will need to suffer her no longer, unbeknownst to them they have a future Kage in their care. Let's just hope she doesn't kill herself in her imbecile rampage."

The assistant wrote everything down, it proved slightly more difficult as the illumination was severely lacking, having to do everything under candlelight was quite difficult but the man was very skilled in the craft of simple butler work. Once the order was recorded the man's eyes lifted to the fancy dressed councilman again. "Anything else?" he asked the man.