Cooldown Period

Light seeped into Mana's eyes with moderation as the magician finally opened her eyes the other morning. As the girl carefully and slowly sat up, surprisingly feeling very little pain, more like a minor irritation in her gut that was burning so overwhelmingly the last night that it made the magician desire the most unfortunate outcome for however long it lasted. It was the most painful night in her memory, being passed out yet overwhelmed by pain, she could remember very little of her last night's agony.

It appeared that her comrades could remember very little as well. Shimo was doing his best not to fall asleep sitting on the edge of his bed staring at Meiko who was just carelessly humming a tune silently looking at the ceiling, Kouta on the other hand looked quite dead making Mana sit up and reach over him, after feeling the air move in and out under the boy's nose Mana was calmed that he was only tired and resting.

"Good... Whatever it is. How does it feel to be back to the realm of the living? Kouta said you were on the line a couple of times last night..." Meiko grinned as if she was telling a joke. Mana was not particularly mad for the girl's lack of understanding of the severity of that situation, in this world, lethal injuries could've been taken away with a careless wave of a hand, depending on the waver's skill, obviously. Kouta was not quite yet tangling with the best of the hand wavers so he may have taken the whole night to heal the magician, still, he did heal her for which she owed the boy her life.

"It's becoming a tradition, sadly, as well as losing someone or something after I wake up making me wonder if waking up is even worth it in the process" Mana grunted out rubbing her eyes. Strangely enough, she was feeling really tired and sleepy despite being treated while only being somewhat conscious. It wasn't like she could've been blamed, the pain inside of her and the fever which was raging whole night made sleeping impossible so she got as little actual rest as her team.

"Maybe if you let us know of your condition this wouldn't have happened..." Shimo carelessly threw an offensive remark at Mana, at least he meant for it to be taken like that which was implied by his manner of speech.

Mana's eyes sunk down to the ground, there it was again, waking up back to life giving her something to regret waking up for, last time it was loss of her identity, half of her whole life was torn out from her with an iron grip leaving a giant bleeding gash of emotion and regret inside. Now it very well may have been the loss of her friend. Another one, anyways...

"I'm... Sorry..." Mana mumbled out, she wanted to yell out her reasons for why she didn't tell them anything but now that they knew... She still couldn't. Even when she knew that they knew everything it was still too painful to talk about that for her.

"Sorry? Kouta said it was like a miniature explosive tag detonated inside your gut, you had the contents of your stomach spilling inside of you infecting you and raising your body temperature to the point where it threatened to fry your brain in your own boiling blood. I think recklessness like this sort of surpasses what a "sorry" can fix" Shimo looked proper pissed off and he had all the reasons to be like that. He was angry at Mana and he had pretty much no sleep at all.

"Meiko is probably quite angry at you too, I had to knock her out because she almost leaped to your aid out there. All because you didn't tell us everything there was to know about the person we were supposed to bodyguard..." Shimo looked at Meiko encouraging her to yell her feelings out.

"I'm actually pretty mad but... I'm not that good with words so I don't think I can express myself properly. What makes me even angrier is that I can't punch you either without killing you now... Expect some jabs once you're back to shape!" Meiko replied almost like she was happy and excited. This young lady was so kind and warm inside that she didn't even understand what it felt to be angry. She didn't know that feeling before she met Mana... That was one of the notes for the "FML" notebook in Mana's drawer of her own psyche.