Cadenza

The crew around Melobi stood uncomfortably, wondering if they may have misunderstood her last words that appeared to declare war on life itself. If someone of the Lesser Demon's might would decide to eradicate life there'd be little anyone could do to stop it. Sure there were a handful of ninja or samurai that may have stood a chance at outright beating it but they were far away.

"You said that a shockwave encompassing the entire planet of the meaningless intensity I've shown before could swallow up the entire system in its aftermath? Just the Earth and the Moon have any signs of life so wiping all life out would be easy..." Melobi mumbled under her own nose like a child that didn't get a toy for her birthday.

Shimo and Carnefici took fighting stances and prepared for their seemingly inevitable last stand to protect their world and life itself but they did not attack. It was because in the depths of their hearts the two knew that they stood no chance even leaving a scratch on the Lesser Demon and once they attack – it'd be all over, the demon's decision would be set in stone and everything anyone would say following it would fall on deaf ears.

Tendrils of sludgy gum mass expanded from Carnefici's back standing in a shield against Notasa through the side of which the scared musician decided to peek at the unfolding situation that took a rather drastic turn. The girl then turned at her bodyguard who nodded and gestured that she should stay behind the shield even though they both knew that if the recently taken shape Lesser Demon decided to do something no shield that the man seeking redemption could provide would do any good.

"W-Wait... You said you felt joy before. The joy of birth!" Meiko uttered realizing that Mana ran out of things to say to Melobi and wishing to buy some time, just talk to the darned spoiled demon so she doesn't eradicate all life.

"Hmph... I guess... But that feeling was so short and now I'm over it. I want to feel again, something, anything... I just can't. Things are passing through my mind but I can't understand them, I think some things I feel are emotions but what do they mean, really? I can't feel the sand passing through my fingers, the chilly breeze that musicians sing off only invites sensations I can't understand and really know feelings." Melobi answered pressing her hands together, Mana saw pebbles and dust accumulating around her hands as a translucent shockwave sphere formed inside of them. Had Melobi wished to eradicate all life she'd have done it instantly – the demon was hesitating, there must've still been hope!

She had to say something, she had to somehow make Melobi reconsidering ending all life. That was what heroes did, they delivered huge speeches and they made situations better. They made bad people wish to change. And yet... Nothing momentous came to Mana's mind, she couldn't come up with anything that would've helped Melobi, nothing but her own selfish desire to save all life in the universe was in her mind and the sound demon wouldn't have understood it. Life literally meant nothing to it, it was only a cradle of feelings which the demon craved but now that it got a taste it thought them stale and lacking. Life did not meet the demon's thousand year hype...

"Maybe it is your shape?" Mana spoke out the first stupid thing on her mind. "I mean that white armor tissue on your body and over your skin, maybe it shields you from feeling something? You said you took shape of what music meant currently, that is you decided to embody music, why that sound specifically? Maybe embodying another sound would help you feel something?" Mana tried to reason to the best of her lacking skills, she couldn't speak on point like a hero, she couldn't have been one.

"I embody music because music is the sound that invokes feelings. If I embodied something like the sounds of black holes or quasars it'd be meaningless, I'd simply fade into nothingness existing as shapeless mass again or look like a giant monster or something..." Melobi angrily complained slowly walking up to Mana's face and looking the magician right in the face.