Will to Live

The situation that developed in front of Kusagoro would have never appeared nearly as odd as the expression on the man's face. He was just ambushed by some unidentified party of the Sand Village as the assailant showed no desire to hide that: the Sunagakure mark was present on the gourd of the beauty of the party, it was also on the center of the leader's eyepatch, the teen Uchiha in the group also wore the Sunagakure headband tied on her arm. And yet the suspended jounin of Konoha couldn't have looked more excited. Finally, once the man recovered from the initial glee of seeing new opponents reveal themselves the mood of the man suddenly changed to worse as he turned at his comrades and coldly and lacking any emotion ordered them.

"Treat Mardith, kill all of them. I'm heading after the kids in the castle, we know now that we're looking for a box of some sort" Kusagoro cut down in a commanding tone and slowly started walking towards the ruins.

"Yeah, not gonna happen!" the one-eyed Uchiha leaped forward swinging his sword at the leader of the Konohagakure group when the Hyuuga lady leaped into the air, Remashi's eyes were wide open with veins around them being shot out creepily with her white irises of the Byakugan being as clear as ever.

"Eight Trigrams Palms Revolving Heaven!" she yelled out as the woman's body spun creating a violent bright blue sphere of energy that blasted the Uchiha assailant away, the man was caught in a hand-shaped mass of glowing sand that shot from the gourd of the woman that followed him. Gently the mass placed the man on the ground.

"Be careful, husband, these people appear to be stronger than your useless sister reported. These are no genin..." the woman said slipping back her sleeves to make arm movements faster and more comfortable for her in the upcoming battle. Once Remashi's sphere of chakra ceased to spin and the woman landed Kusagoro was nowhere to be seen, he had used the commotion as an opening to slip away. Now it was just two against three of the Sand.

"Choke on dicks! I'm not responsible for everything going on in Konoha you ingrate bitch!" the teen got unreasonably angry for the insult thrown her way, it didn't appear that the two family members were on the greatest of terms.

"That's why I have you here, Regalia, it's your job to watch over my back when I get reckless" the one-eyed leader of the group stretched his body out and pulled a second curved blade from his sheath. The swords that the man wielded were much more detailed and of much finer quality, had Meiko had the ability to feast her eyes on them she'd have most definitely taken a moment to admire the fine craftsmanship of these tools of murder.

"Are you quite done yet, Gokibure?" Remashi turned at her teammate seeing a whirlwind of cockroaches bringing her teammate safely to their beheaded teammate. Once Gokibure reached his goal the man picked up the separated head and placed it closer to the beheaded lifeless body. As consciousness returned to Mana's head overflowing her senses with crippling pain the girl observed closely as to what exactly this man would do – something that could've reversed death interested the magician greatly as preventing meaningless death was her lifelong dream after all.

"Nano-Roach Style: Fix!" the man mumbled as green light emanated from the corpse, the skin from the edges of the head stuck together in a grotesque manner as a loud steely scratching sound started covering the area. Just mere seconds later Mardith stood back up on his feet and cracked his reattached head around.

"I seem to have been caught unprepared..." the gentle giant apologized to his friend.

"Don't sweat it, old pal, that's why I placed my nano-roaches into your bloodstream, right? To fix you up with your insane self-stabbing style when you need it..." the cockroach wielding Aburame bowed his head playfully as if he was greeting a lady. He appeared to be quite proud of this ability that his insects possessed. Mana felt her forehead and realized that while she was having an insane fever she couldn't have been dreaming as everyone fighting Kusagoro's team was as surprised as she was.