Village Hidden by Sand

Kouta threw a lazily put together combination of blows. Menna who was honoring the boy as a sparring partner avoided it easily. Curiously sitting on the rock Mana was observing the playful match between the two while Tala angrily squinted at it before closing his eyes and acting uninterested for most of the spar. The magician felt a little bit curious about seeing Menna's abilities since he has not shown them during the brief battle with the raiders and was the only one of the squad save for the jounin leader to do so.

"You shouldn't have requested this spar if you hold back the whole time..." Menna smiled while avoiding another half-baked combination of blows with his eyes closed. Mana couldn't really get Menna's point, she could barely even see blurs and flashes from her point of view, was that amount of speed considered so pathetic amongst ninja, even genin? It only made her feel that much more powerless and outmatched.

Finally, Menna allowed himself to respond with a combination of strikes, he fought very similarly to Kouta, his style was highly improvised yet reminded of a demanding and very physical striking and kicking style. Surprised, if not a little bit intimidated, due to the sudden outburst of brutality and sheer strength from his partner Kouta raised his arms in a striking position around his head, leaving his arms and fists to defend his head while his elbows were left open for striking if he found an opening.

"Hm? Aren't you a little bit interested, Tala?" Mana asked looking at the annoyed redhead who was just angrily rubbing his boot against the rocky surface wishing for the Sun to finally hide behind the clouds again so they could move.

"Fights for shits and giggles do not interest me. Fighting is a process of attempting to kill someone, there is nothing playful or sporting about it." The grumpy young man replied continuing to rest with his eyes closed as if he was forced to not look at the spar going on in front of him.

"You say that yet you did not kill those raiders, they were full of wounds but none of them died..." Mana reminded the boy.

"That's because if we killed more of Fennec's men he'd raid another settlement and slaughter everyone before razing it to the ground. Murder only invites more murder as vengeance for the murder committed. For that reason, one must target the head of the fold and kill them before they can plan out their response. Fighting means to kill, that doesn't mean it has to be carried out with no thought to it, in fact, it means it needs more thought than everything else because people's lives are on the line. Now if you'd forgive me, I want to nap a little..." The young man lied because he kept on angrily kicking the rock he was sitting on while acting like he was sleeping the entire time.

Kouta was thrown back by Menna's strength, the medical ninja was sent dragging through the ground for at least fifty meters after Menna's blow which he managed to block. It appeared that while looking the least ready to fight physically the blonde may have been the readiest to slug it out of his entire team.

"That power, that chakra breaking out when you strike..." Kouta mumbled to himself before moving his smoking blocking arms out of the way from blocking his face so he could ask his next question directly. "You're a Juugo clansman, aren't you?"

Menna scratched the back of his head, "Juugo? What's that? No, I am Menna of the Ayaka clan" the blonde smiled gently as he always did when talking to someone.

"Ayaka clan?" Kouta turned his head to the side wondering if he had heard of such a clan before. Menna attacked just as fast and strong as Kouta did when he used his Juugo bloodline to form jets around his feet to move around or when he enhanced his blows with chakra using the medical precise chakra manipulation techniques. Certainly, it couldn't have been just chakra augmentation, no one would use augmentation of such caliber so casually for a friendly sparring match, at least a genin wouldn't.