Broken

Mana jumped and sat up as fast as she could surveying the situation. Eiju was huffing heavily with his face sweating and looking like all of his blood gathered in his cheeks to the point where his head would soon explode. His blood vessels were shot out and twitching on his forehead and black circles around his eyes made the young man look troubling.

"What happened? Is the kid OK? Is Hisako OK?" Mana yelled out, she knew little of what happened since her body gave in. The magician examined her body and looked surprised both by the fact that she was alive and that she was completely healed, not a single bruise or scratch remained on her body as if her life was just reset like a buggy computer.

Kiyomi silently thanked the Quack and then went up to Mana helping the girl get up. "Yeah, the kid is out, he attacked us when we entered so the Quack had to knock him out, Hisako is also alive, unfortunately, you clocked her head into the wall and caused a major concussion so she shouldn't be in fighting condition for a while..."

Mana felt her body around, she stretched her neck, her back, and her arms, something felt a little off. She felt weaker, maybe it was just the result of her resurrection? Was it even a resurrection, was she ever truly dead? Her wounds were sure as hell lethal and she had that weird dream about talking to some weird cosmic entity inside her own body or something... Dying was weird.

"So how come I'm still alive, what did you guys do? Please tell me none of you sold your souls away or something!" Mana yelled out energetically trying to understand why she had that weird cranky feeling inside. It felt almost like she wasn't in control of her body. Like her soul was just placed in a shell, like a driver placed in a car before being taught how to drive.

Kiyomi hugged Eiju and squeezed him hard pressing him to her chest. "The Quack used some forbidden kinjutsu to bring you back, he said he may have died but he doesn't look dead to me, maybe everything's gonna be alright for once?!" she looked really happy, maybe a little bit too invested in Eiju's life.

"Yeah, name's Eiju, pleased to be pressed to your bosom, lovely..." the silent and weak voice of the young man who apparently risked his life for Mana's echoed.

"He must really like Kiyomi..." Mana wondered to herself observing that scene. She never saw any signs of possible attraction between those two, maybe it all happened while she was out, maybe it happened while the Quack was treating her. 

It was strange how the world worked, a young woman so hateful towards rogues finds possible warm feelings towards a rogue whose main job is keeping rogues alive for monetary gain. A man who buys and sells life quite literally. "I mean last time we spoke, Eiju didn't really like me that much, he'd only risk his life for his own good, guess I can add Kiyomi's approval to the list now..."

"Say... Magician girl... You got anything to drink in that weird hat seal of yours?" the man uttered looking at Mana with his weak and sad eyes.

"Yeah, I think I've got some canned green tea in there somewhere..." Mana replied with a smile and took her hat off the ground placing one hand on the bottom of it and activating a hand seal with the other.

"Oh, lovely, that's my second favorite thing to drink, right after unidentified kind of booze you find in stray bottles..." Eiju joked showing that he was still able to smile and that his bad sense of humor was still intact, even if it did come through effort and moderate amounts of pain.

The magician waited for a while and then looked at the hat, she activated the hand seal, again and again, waiting for a while but nothing happened. It wasn't that she didn't have any chakra, if that was the case she'd felt physical exhaustion and passed out or something, this was different, this was... Nothing!