Entertainer's Creed

"I was wondering..." Mana mumbled indifferently while she was trying a nice casual jacket that would've fit her black shirt which she found just recently referring to Meiko whose head playfully dug through the clothes on the other side and popped in between several different sets of coats.

"Hmm," she mooed like a cow

"You were in your armor when this whole thing happened, you were hit directly by that thing, right? You're lucky to be alright, those guys are nothing to sneeze at even by ninja standards..." the magician wondered picking several different sets of clothes off of the stand and placing them into her cart to try out. Mana was always a sucker for clothes, a part of her identity as a performer was to always look her best, the problem was that despite enjoying changing her wardrobe up a lot she rarely got the chance to do any shopping with all those crazy missions she's been doing lately.

"Yeah..." Meiko's head nodded and then disappeared back to the other row through the endless ocean of coats, a loud tomboyish laughter let the magician know just where her friend was standing behind the giant set of clothes.

"Don't worry, I can take a punch. Though yeah, I was checking my armor before I went asleep, I always do because my armors are made of simple materials: leather and steel mostly. I need to maintain all those bunches of belts, see that all the switches and parts work properly and aren't damaged. It's a lot of work, you know. So I just fell asleep while checking something, the last thing I remember checking was the belt that kept my shoulder pad connected to the rest of the set..." Meiko explained. It was really lovely how invested she got into talking about her armor and her job. 

Then again, Mana would most likely be just as invested to talk about stage magic if there was someone to talk about it with. Maybe it was her own desire to talk about things that she loved that made her be that person who listens to other people's passions and things plaguing them.

"Yeah, I know what you're talking about, my uniform is quite similar – it has a bunch of pockets and all those switches that slip cards in or out, shoot them and all that... It really is a lot of work, making them good for both stage magic and fighting is the tough part" Mana smiled even though her friend could not see it. Surprisingly there were more things she could relate to Meiko with than she initially thought. Surely they were pretty much polar opposites but a lot of things that they hated about themselves and things they loved had similar aspects to them.

It only took the girls two more hours to conclude their shopping, mostly because of Mana's own fault, she was perfectly aware that she won't need that many different outfits for this mission but she was adamant to finish her shopping. Then again, she was the smart one to remind everyone to buy appropriate attires for the Wind Country desert, it was getting closer and closer and they may travel it for days before finding the ruins. Mana's natural love for shopping was masked behind her own lie that she was doing it because it was practical and while it certainly was on some parts, her motive behind spending so much time and earnt money was purely for enjoyment.

"Finally..." Shimo rolled his eyes, he had already dressed a white long robe which appeared to be most suitable for the desert, it wasn't a bad idea as they were going to reach the Land of Rivers which was pretty much a huge resort in just a day or two, maybe faster depending on their rate of travelling.

Kouta smiled in a white and blue tracksuit and scratched his head, he didn't appear to be nearly as annoyed as the Yuki swordsman but he didn't spend too much money on clothes either. "If you need help carrying that backpack I can do it for you, Mana-chan..."

"You ate all of your money meant for clothes and supplies away, didn't you?" Meiko squinted at the boy feeling suspicious for his sudden desire to help his teammate out.