Solution to Violence

For a while, the continuation of the walk was quite awkward. Just as Mana suspected, talking about the problem of her father's made it really uncomfortable for both of them. At least the magician herself was quite embarrassed that she was played by the medical ninja like that and had to make a fool of herself in front of one of the greatest heroes in the Ninja World. Guru coughed, quite badly attempting to fake a cough just somehow to kill this awkward silence.

"So... Konoha has changed quite a bit since I've last been here... I believe it was after the Second Great Ninja War."

Mana's sleeve once again rubbed her eyes, luckily her blush of embarrassment did help conceal the natural red of one's face when one cries. Needless to say, Guru noticed the girl's distress yet he chose to let her work it out by herself after suggesting the initial gesture of comfort and understanding. He had that great feeling to him that he perfectly understood the situation and almost like he had been through it himself, there was no sensible tension from his side, just the one that Mana herself has created and imposed onto the situation.

"First "Second" war, huh? I wonder what made the historians move past the "First" curse..." Mana spoke up. She did not expect the mad laughter from the side of her conversant. Ayushi was laughing it up holding his buff stomach with both of his arms as if protecting his intestines from falling out. The giant had bent over and almost fallen to the ground.

"Wow, I've never met a young lady with such knowledge of history? Do you aspire to be a historian? In that case, I'll be the first one to say you've chosen the worst first steps for that profession!" the man finally managed to force some words through his mad laughter.

"No, just a hobby, one would think reading ancient language and dialects would be difficult enough, how is one supposed to time a scroll correctly when each of them speaks of different "First" war. I personally like Demaso's suggestion to name the wars: War of the Clans, War of the Earth and the Moon, the Wars of Establishment, War for the Greats, First and the Second Great Ninja Wars. Something in describing the purpose of a war just to help paint a better picture instead of just calling all of them "First" and then suddenly start numbering them..."

Ayushi finally straightened his body out, leaning back and to the side to stretch his bones out. Strangely enough, they didn't crack, nor did he act like he was in too much pain which for a man of his age was quite impressive.

"You speak great truth, sadly the profession of a historian is as dangerous today as it was before: it requires devoting all of one's time to studying ancient texts, then it asks even more devotion wandering the No Man's Lands of each country, lands abandoned because of the battles that took place there that now shelter the worst kind of nightmarish people there are. One might ask what is worse profession than that of ninja, I'd answer any profession that requires one to survive hordes of murderous bandits with only a scroll and a pen in one's hand... For that reason, each historian wishes significance with their work for that reason they each try to make their discoveries more important than they are, well, that and the danger makes the rushing or scared for their lives historians quite bad at their jobs..."

Mana looked at Guru Ayushi, only now did she realize just how insane this man's profession was, it wasn't even a profession as he did not accept any material goods from any village. The ninja villages were usually quite safe, they had the local crime underworlds, sure, but in a village filled with ninja, those never got out of control. 

Outside the village gate there were some ranges of relative "safe-zones" that very few bandits tread into because villages still often had patrols of chuunin or highly experienced genin wandering the places to watch the territory and locate and identify any threats to village security, notify the guards by the gate of what was going on near the village gate.