Inside the Dark Room

Heavy, muffled breathing could've been heard from another room. Breathing coming from a man with a broken nose whose mind was violated and invaded by a skilled interrogator who had extracted all that he was able to. Interrogation using illusions was a much slower and a little less potent sort than that of a Yamanaka clansman but Sunagakure did not have too many of those on their roster of ninja. Yamanaka were a proud Konohagakure clan having several branches in Kirigakure that have split from the main branch shortly before the Second Great Ninja War. The beaten marksman spoke nothing and yet all he knew was known to his captors.

With a heavy, metallic screech, the door to his containment cell opened. Slowly and confidently, holding all the aces in his playing hand, the Kazekage entered the room allowing a brief semblance of light to seep into it. Not that the blind marksman cared too much for he was used to living in total darkness. Even so, right after the Kage entered the marksman turned to the side as if a source of light as overwhelming as the Sun had entered the room. He continued to hide his eyes and turn his busted nose away even as the door was closed and the room sunk into darkness once more.

"You broke my nose..." the blind marksman huffed out, his voice sounded very intimidating by how strong and passionate it was. It was like the man was hungry and a burger cooked to perfection had just entered his room.

"An unnecessary measure seeing how physical torture tends to be ineffective with trained fighters. Nevertheless, you guys aren't liked around these parts, opposing serenity and peace so actively and all that, so I suppose the interrogators got overly excited." Mugao replied sitting in front of the marksman and slowly placing googles that the man carried around with him onto the man's snow-white eyes without even a semblance of irises. As the googles were firmly placed on the marksman's face they lit up in a faint yellow glow with a small briefly intelligible dot in the middle that raced around the yellow circles it resided in.

"Why are we alive? Those genjutsu users appeared to be quite thorough with scoping our minds. Overwhelming us with memories and raising fever by aiming at our brain centers. Playing with someone's body like that... And to think that they tried to restrict only the physical torture" the marksman started casually talking to the Kazekage whom he actively opposed.

"Politicians and diplomats tend to know very little about the world they negotiate about. That being said, even the physical torture Fourth Hokage fought so hard against has never been restricted, no village signed that treaty, a waste of a perfectly good paper." Mugao replied continuing to stare in the slightly illuminated yellow circles that the marksman's goggles made out in the dark.

"Why am I alive? You've got information on as many Shaphac bases and operatives as I knew of, obviously for convenience sake, no single member knows everything..." the blind marksman finally got to the point.

"What are you guys doing? What's the point of spinning the circle of war again? Have we not had enough of that lately?" the Kazekage sighed relaxing in his chair.

"We're doing what has to be done. War is a tough business but it's simple, it's primitive. Make people, foreigners whom we fought for generations, your friends, let them into your walls and you risk letting the enemy in, this risk isn't worth a couple of allies you gain this way. Warring with everyone is simpler than playing good-willed but secretly doing background checks of everything" the man replied, his speech did not appear to be nearly as twisted by delusion and passion when he spoke of the Shaphac goals as it was when he spoke of different things.

"No. The reason you're alive is not that I needed intel or because you don't seem nearly as passionate towards this pointless infighting as your comrade. The reason is because I need you for a job." the Kazekage spoke clearly, it was good that the blind marksman could not see the awkward and almost ironic smile that the leader of Sunagakure wore on his face as he uttered those words.