A Cosmic Elegy

The struggle to comprehend the insanity transpiring right in front of her astonished Mana to the point where she could barely respond to the stimuli around her. Right in front of her in a beam of sky-piercing light stood a supposed Goddess, one summoned through a ritual of a seemingly senseless ritual of murders most foul. Her appearance was unlike anything the magician had ever seen, she did not look ancient at all, in fact, she looked almost futuristic and majestic but not in a godly way. She was beautiful but her beauty was vastly overcrowded by her futuristic accessories and motifs, some of them appeared dysfunctional almost to the young girl.

"She's not a Goddess... She can't be..." Mana mumbled to herself under her nose. Her mind returned to the state it was during her infant years, being unable to comprehend basic facts and relate them to events transpiring in front of her.

It was like all those years of meditation, all that time she spent overcompensating for the mental disorder by studying and aiming to understand and relate all facts to every known transpiring event even in this crazy world of hers never happened. Her mind returned to the primal state of affiliating every matter to non-existent made up Gods and magic. Rain fell because Gods wept, lightning crashed down because they were angry, people loved each other because of magic. How was she supposed to relate any fact to any event if an actual Goddess stood in front of her?

The white armored entity examined her own body, her hands and observed her white outer shell before looking at a puddle of blood, where her brightly colored skin reflected off of it. Mana shook in the absurdity of it all. Her feet trembled before taking a step forward, then another one. Meiko glared at Mana in shock and surprise that the magician dared walk forward towards this Goddess descending from the skies.

"Kill me..." Mana spoke silently before repeating it momentarily louder and then louder still.

The Goddess curiously lifted and twisted her neck to the side examining Mana who was slowly approaching her. It was clear that the entity was more curious and stumped about the world around her than harboring any intent, malicious or decent.

"Mana!" Meiko shouted out taking a couple of hasty steps forward and grabbing the magician's shoulder rudely, trying to yank her back to her place. Back before the magician did something she usually did – stupid and unjustifiable to anyone but herself.

"If she's an actual Goddess that can only descend in pools of blood showing her the way... If that is the way Gods operate, I do not wish to bend to such Gods or live in such a world." Mana explained looking at Meiko angrily.

The blacksmith examined the tearful look of the magician, she saw her friend's face enraged and greatly saddened, overflowing with tears of sadness, almost like the ex-kunoichi regretted ever being born on such a world. Meiko was determined to do anything it'd have taken to protect her friend from such sadness and such a meaningless death.

"Yes! Yes! Show me your power, Goddess that descended from the sky!" The old crone screamed her lungs out from where she laid knocked down, unlikely to ever rise again due to her injuries. "Do that and then let us join together! I shall take the power to avenge the Syndicate for my sons! Show me your power before becoming a part of me!" The old woman shouted, the Goddess' hand lifted off and her palm extended at the old woman who answered by lifting her old crooked hands and extending them back.

A silent sound wave emanated from the Goddess' palms blasting all particles that the woman had and dispersing them away. In a frozen moment in time nothing remained of the old crone, even her blood particles vibrated so rapidly, moved by the frequency of the Goddess' sound vibrations that they simply ceased to exist. In a cruel smile of fortune, the woman was erased from existence in all but the memories of all who knew her.