Babies Born and Made

Quack's finger gently ran down Mana's face down to her lip and examined it with its touch.

"Does it hurt? What is this?" he asked after finishing patching the magician's abdomen gash up. Strangely enough, despite there appearing to be no thread, the needle somehow still stitched the wound up and closed it with each puncture just like there would've been one.

"I bit it, accidentally from the pain..." Mana replied blushing a little since she was ashamed of such a stupid injury. Quack smiled and started examining the other scratches, moving away from the lip bite. He then handed the girl a purple pill, similar to that which he had been popping the whole time.

"What is this? Is this poisonous or something?" the girl asked confused, remembering quite well how violently the young man's body reacted to a pill just several shades different in color. The young man shook his head, he looked a bit annoyed, must've been the notion of his patient questioning his judgment.

"No, lovely, the poison is for me. This is an immuno-booster, it boosts your short-term ninja metabolism but it has a pretty nasty cooldown period, I'd suggest refraining from getting injured for about four to five days starting after tomorrow..." the man explained. Mana nodded and took the pill, swallowing it without water hurt her dry throat a little but she took it down with moderate effort.

"So... Why do you drink poison then?" the magician got curious, she guessed that the pills that the boy was taking were some sort of a drug or maybe medication from some sickness, apparently it was a poison which intrigued the magician a bit. Why would someone take poison in such continuous and prolonged periods of time, she could remember the boy popping the pill before sleep, he just popped one now just about when he'd have awakened under normal circumstances.

"It's a long story, lovely, a really long story..." the youth tried to dismiss the question but Mana shook violently, the medical youth then touched her forehead.

"You're getting cold, usually ninja metabolism counteracts the fever when it starts hurting the brain, my booster multiplied that reaction so your body temperature is now dropping..." the young quack explained removing his long coat and wrapping it around Mana, the girl was far too short and of quite different build to wear the man's long coat but she buttoned the top button and wrapped into it like it was a blanket.

"I guess we're not going anywhere..." the magician sniffed her nose and felt it clearing up, this immuno-booster thing just cured her cold during its starting stages within seconds. Obviously, there must've been a payback, by now the magician had learned that whatever use the Quack's medicine provided it had an equal counterbalance to it.

Quack stood up and took a sip from his flask, Mana looked at the young man's frail body covered with merely a tight white shirt. His skin had no goosebumps or signs of cold at all, was the man immune to it? He also had no fear taking poisonous pills with alcohol as he only took the poison maybe twenty or thirty minutes earlier. Did he have a death wish?

"Umm... Sorry if I sound annoying but... What's your real name? I mean obviously you have one, you're not just called "Quack" right?" Mana asked shyly rubbing her freezing cheeks against the man's coat. The blonde rubbed his messy hair with his arm swiping a bunch of rainwater off of it. He sat down and sighed.

"It's Eiju, Eiju Fuuhen" he grunted out, his voice sounded quite rough, he didn't particularly enjoy talking about himself apparently. Several minutes later the man angrily glared at the magician and asked, "Have you warmed up enough? I need to take a look at the other cuts and you're bleeding all over my coat, as sexy as I'd find a lady bleeding over my coat under normal circumstances, I'm not that much of a children loving person and you remind me still of a child..."