Chapter 40: Justin or Jake?

PREVIOUSLEY in 'The Consequences of loving Justin Bieber':

~ Justin and Jayleigh both attend a prenatal paternity scan

~ Jayleigh meets Alison and they become friends

~ Justin thinks the baby is a boy

~ The two wait anxiously for the DNA results of the baby

CONTINUE to read the 'Consequences of loving Justin Bieber':

*********************************

JAYLEIGH'S POV

I awake with a jolt and feel myself about to throw up! I jolt up from my bed and out of Justin's very, very warm embrace and head to the bathroom. I make it just in time before vomiting into the toilet. Over and over, it was like a fountain and was burning my throat. It really hurts. All of a sudden, I feel a pair of hands move my hair behind my face and into a un-tied ponytail. It's Justin. Great, I disturbed him too. "It's okay, baby. I'm nervous too" he whispers, making me realise the reason for my vomiting because it wasn't morning sickness (it's too early for that), it's waiting (and finding out) these results.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As it wasn't possible for us both to sleep after that little session, we decided to cosy up with some healthy green tea on the couch and watch some Peppa Pig - I'm obsessed with it for some reason and so it Justin secretly. It was 5:45 in the morning and the sun was beginning to rise ever so slightly in the distance. I was all wrapped up in a wooly blanket but as relaxed as we looked, we weren't. In a few hours time, the door will need answering to and the delivery man is going to hand over the results that could possibly change my life for the better or worst.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time couldn't go any slower....

6:00am

6:45am

8:00am

9:00am

9:15am

9:16am

9:17am...

*KNOCK, KNOCK*

At exactly 9:17am, the sound me and Justin were waiting for arrived and so did the delivery man behind it and so did the brown envelope he was carrying in a sealed, see-through sachet that read 'confidential' in bold, black letters.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The envelope was now in my hands.

Yes, everyone.

That one thing I've been talking about these past few chapters was now in my hands.

I'm frozen on the spot. My breathing once again, on cue, has quickened. Justin is standing right opposite me looking at me. I look up at him and mouth the words "I..I can't".

He replies, boldly: "you can...we can...together".

He holds one side of the envelope and begins to tear up to half way before looking at me.

I tear the other half and take out the paper inside.

I open the paper up and take a deep breath with Justin before reading:

START OF LETTER:

Dear Miss Waters,

>a bunch of statistics about different genes and alleles<

The alleged father is not excluded as the biological father of the tested embryo. Based on testing results obtained from analyses of the DNA loci listed, the probability of paternity is 99.9997%

> name of machine used to scan

> authorisation of company and assurance

Thank you for using our services,

*END OF LETTER*

Oh. My. God.

'The alleged father is not excluded as the biological father'.

Justin. Is. Not. Excluded.

JUSTIN IS THE FATHER OF MY CHILD.

I scream out in excitement, waving the letter around in the air before jumping into Justin's arms.

"Am I...Am I really the father?" Justin looks at me shocked and received. I show him the results... "Yes, baby!" I reply.

"You're going to be a daddy" I say, not believing the words I'm saying.

Thank you, thank you, thank you I say over and over to the universe, god and every good thing that has ever happened in my life for knowing that Justin is the father and for being blessed with this child.

I'm carrying Justin's little son or daughter inside me...