Chapter 23: A Disturbance

JAYLEIGH'S P.O.V

*POP* I hear a sudden, loud, bursting noise, what the hell? I also feel myself sinking, what was going on? I open my eyes and slowly look around. I nudge Justin, slowly. "Baby, wake up" I whisper. "Uh five m..more minutes" he says, sounding exhausted. "Justin, please" I say a bit louder this time causing him to open his eyes. He sits up and rubs his eyes. "What's wrong baby?" He asks me in this oh so sexy morning voice, it was so deep, so masculine but I couldn't focus on his attractiveness right now. "Look at our mattress" I whisper making him look around at the mattress. "Holy s**t!" He says, standing up and turning the light on. Selena and Niall were also awake now but were tired as hell. I don't blame them, it's 4:45am! "Bro, how much do you weigh?" Niall asks, giggling making Selena give him a look. "Maybe it's just a dodgy mattress?" Selena says, sharing her thoughts which were completely different from mine.

Justin continues to examine the mattress as Niall gets up, signalling for me to lay down with Selena. I snuggle up next to her. To be honest, I was really scared. All I could think of was Ellie. The image of her in a nurse outfit was repeating over and over in my head. Why won't it go away? "Holy f**k." Justin says, shocked. Everyone turns their attention to were his eyes were facing. There was a huge hole in the mattress... "Oh my god" was all I could say as I cuddled Selena. I looked over at the kids to make sure they were still sleeping when I realise that Austin was missing! "Wh..where's Austin?" I ask, frantically looking around. I dart my eyes at every corner of the room. I climb off the mattress and run towards the kitchen, he wasn't there. I look over at the front door of the bungalow to see it wide open! I run outside, still in my PJ's, not wearing any shoes. I see Austin standing a few metres away from me. Oh thank god! I run over to him and hug him, hard. I was so worried. I look up at his face to see a confused expression. "What the hell are you doing out here, Austin? Are you nuts?" I whisper, loudly. "I thought you just left in the car, Jayleigh?" He replies. What was he on about? "Austin, are you dreaming because you're creeping me out?" I say a little louder. "You just told me to follow you and the next thing I know, you got in your car and left" he said again making me look like I'm stupid. Justin, Selena and Niall all run out and bring us back into the bungalow.

Everyone was awake now.

We were all sitting in the main room with a cup of hot lemon tea in our hands that Elsa had kindly made for us. "Look, Austin. I want you to tell me everything that happened since you woke up, okay?" Justin, asked trying to be really nice but inside I knew he was boiling with anger. "Sure, okay. Well...um I woke up by someone nudging me, it was a girl. I asked her who she was and she replied with 'Jayleigh'. I was still half asleep so I assumed it was her. She told me to get ready and put my jeans on, so I did. She took me outside and sat me in the car. She then went back inside." Austin said, taking a sip of his tea, he was shivering especially now that he knew he was talking to a stranger, earlier. "Then what happened?" Selena asks. "Then I just remember waking up on the floor from the sound of a car engine, outside. I stood up and saw the car that I was previously sitting in, drive away, fast. That's when you came running out." Austin said as he looked at me.

The thoughts that were going through my head were uncontrollable. I was shivering like f**k and the next thing I knew, I had dropped my mug, spilling all of the hot tea. I didn't even care about the fact that I had dropped tea all over my bare feet. I just couldn't get a grip of the story, Austin had just told. Immediately I began to shed tears, I couldn't stop them. Like a river, they were continuously flowing. Justin ran over to me and picked me up. He took me into the bathroom and turned on the cold tap of the bathtub then poured cold water all over my swollen feet. He did this for a while until he was satisfied. He dried them gently then gave one of them a kiss before embracing me in a tight, reassuring hug. "Justin, she's not going to leave us alone until I'm.." I was about to finish but he cut me off. "Don't you dare say it. She is not going to touch you! When we get back home, we're going to have maximum security around us." He said, trying to show a bright side to the situation but failing miserably. Nothing could change the fact that Ellie was after me... More tears began to fall from my eyes at the thought of my brother getting hurt by that witch. He was literally so close to being kidnapped...so close.