Chapter 3: Today Is The Day

JAYLEIGH'S P.O.V

I wake up to see the sun shining, what a beautiful start to the day. I smile to myself and make my way over to the bathroom. I take a quick shower and brush my teeth.

The concert starts at 3:40 and it's 11:27 right now so I guess I have lots of time to get ready. After brushing my teeth, I make my way over to the kitchen and Jake is nowhere to be seen. He must still be sleeping!

I'm not allowed to go into Jake's room unless he tells me. The last time I did, he beat me...hard. I decided to let him sleep for a while and not risk injuring myself so early in the morning. I make myself some cereal and watch some TV to pass time.

It was now 12:30 so I thought I should start getting ready but Jake still isn't up! Maybe I should wake him? No! What happened to me the last time I did that? What has he told you about coming into his room? But I can't miss seeing Justin Bieber in concert! I just can't. He's the only thing that makes me happy. All he needs to do is post a picture to Instagram or Facebook and instantly he's made my day. This concert means everything to me and I just have to see him! I decide to go to Jake's room.

I turn the handle of his door, slowly. My hands are shaking, I'm really scared. I enter his room, cautiously and find that he's still fast asleep. Gently, I walk over to him and nudge him. I'm dreading the consequences of this.

Jake's eyes open and instantly his facial expression changes from sleepy to furious! Oh s**t!

JAKE'S P.O.V

What the actual f*** is she doing here! How many f***ing times have I told her NOT to come in my room? That's it! She's gonna get what she deserves... I look around for my belt, she's petrified but I couldn't care less right now. I didn't tell her to break the rules. There it is, my belt. I grab it and make my way over to Jayleigh.

"Please Jake, I'm s..sorry..I..I didn't want us to be late for the c..concert. Please don't hurt me"... WACK! "Ow!" She screams and this makes me want to hit her again...so I do. WACK! "Jake please s..stop" WACK! "Will you ever disturb me again?" "No, I..I promise" WACK! "Good. Make me breakfast...NOW!"

With tears in her eyes and blood around her arms, she runs out of my bedroom. I swear to god, one day I might just end up killing her! Why can't she just learn to behave? She's mine and I can do whatever the hell I like with her and she very well knows this! I have a quick shower, brush my teeth and put on a checked shirt with jeans (I have to look good for this stupid concert). Once I'm dressed, I make my way to the kitchen where I expect to find my breakfast.

As expected, it's there. I eat it and wait for Jayleigh to get ready... She comes out of her room wearing a white pair of skinny jeans, black t-shirt that shows her belly button and a pair of converses. She looks so f***ing stunning!

"Are you ready?" I ask "y..yes" she barely croaks. "Good. Let's go, we're getting late, the concert starts soon".

JAYLEIGH'S P.O.V

I make my way to the car and sit in. A few seconds later, Jake joins me and starts the engine. I feel so awkward sitting here with him! He's just beaten me for gods sake and like always he's acting like everything is normal! Why is my life like this? What did I do to deserve this? I need to stop thinking negatively right now because today is supposed to be a happy day...I'm going to meet JUSTIN DREW BIEBER! Just thinking of him makes me smile...

I decide to text my best friend Kelsie about where I'm going. She's a huge fan of Justin's too so she'll be over the moon to hear I'm going to see him! After sending her the text, I decide to listen to some of Justin's song to pass time. It's much better than sitting awkwardly with Jake and having nothing to talk about. I click on 'Beauty and a Beat' and start imagining if I was Justin's beauty...no way! That would never happen so thinking about it is pointless. And besides, Jake would probably kill me if he found out that I like Justin for more than just his songs.

I shiver at the thought of getting another beating...