Chapter 15: Pain that didn't last long

The next day.....

Jack:

Wow, I feel more tired than I already was. Oh yeah, today is the beginning of the 10 weeks. *cough cough cough cough*

I started to sit up in bed. I felt so sick. I just remembered that today was Monday, a whole new week. And the week when I start becoming temporarily weak. I tried standing up, but just trying to stand up makes me feel really tired and it makes me just want to stay in bed all day.
I, of course, want to do a lot of things today, and one of those things is hanging out with Elsa. But unfortunately, I won't be able to do anything even if Elsa was here right now. I was finally able to stand up after a couple more tries. Obviously, I can't fly, so I had to deal with myself walking slowly. I finally was able to reach the dining hall. I started coughing again as I was walking to the table.

"Good Morning Sir Jack" Pauline greeted me. Her smile suddenly faded as she turned around to look at me.

"Are you okay Sir Jack?" She asked me worriedly.

"*cough cough* yeah *sniff* I'm fine" I said tiredly "what's for *cough cough cough cough* breakfast?"

Just then, I saw Elsa walk into the dining hall. She smiled when she saw sitting on the table.

Elsa:

I hope Jack is feeling better now.

When I arrived at the dining hall, I saw Jack sitting on the table, so I thought Yey! Jack's feeling better. So I went over to him and hugged him. But when I hugged him, he felt super duper hot. I had to pull away from him, but not quick enough to hurt him. That's when I started getting worried.

"Are you okay Jack?" I asked him worried.

"*cough cough cough cough* I'm *cough cough cough cough* *sniff* I'm dot feeling dat goot" Jack said sickly.

"Jack, I think you should back to bed" I said as I put one hand on his left shoulder.

"Okay Elsa". Then he stood up, but after taking a few steps, he suddenly fell to the ground and I was left there standing in shock.

I called for Pauline and Teresa to help me carry Jack since I know Anna is still asleep at this time in the morning.
Pauline and Teresa put one of Jack's arms around them and I lifted his legs. After a while, we were able to successfully put Jack on his bed. I thanked Pauline and Teresa for helping me and I dismissed them, they curtsied and walked away. I felt Jack's forehead. Wow, you could melt something with this heat.

He finally woke up after 10 minutes. He was about to say something, but I interrupted him and said

"Jack, can I borrow your staff"

"Sure *cough cough* its just der at da corder" Jack said.

I hit the end of Jack's staff on the floor and made it snow or at least a little cold in his room. I also contributed to that by using my own powers.

"Thanks Elsa *cough cough cough cough* but I'll still be sick for 10 weeks. Remember da heater incident?" Jack reminded.
Oh yeah, the heater incident.

"Yeah" I said while hugging myself.

"Don't worry Elsa, it's just 10 weeks *sniff* I'll be back on my feet after that" Jack said sleepily.

"10 weeks?! That's too much for me!!!" I cried. I wanted to cry but figured, what would be the point of crying when it doesn't do anything? I noticed that Jack's hair was slowly turning brown and his eyes were now a dark brown color.

"What's happening to your hair? And why did your eye color change?" I asked confused.

"*cough cough* That was my hair and eye color when I was mortal. My hair and eyes used to be a dark brown color until a became... well, you know. My hair and eyes became brown again because when I'm sick, my immortality becomes weak" Jack explained. There was a long pause.

The Ice Coupleजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें