◇5◇

I awoke to a unfamiliar setting. My hands stretched out, feeling the soft silky surface that laid underneath me.

I opened my eyes slowly and found myslef in a large room with a large king sized bed in the center. The sheets and pillows that I lay on were red silk. And a mid-thigh white nightgown covered my sore body.

I sat up wincing. My backed ached and so did my throat. As I tried to stand my legs buckled and I was forced to sit on the bed again.

I looked at my surroundings once more. I was usually woken up by a dirty, old, moldy room, and Adam's cold voice; but now it looks as if I'm royalty. What was this? What game was he playing?

The door opened suddenly and Adam's tall figure walked in. "How are you feeling? " he asked. I stared at him, saying nothing.

He walked closer and kneeled in front of me. "You slept for two days; I was worried you wouldn't awake."

WORRIED. The man who abused, starved, and whimped me for seven days was WORRIED. This scared me even more than when he was beating me.

We stared at each other silently. His eyes held no emotion, and if there was any he defiantly didn't let me see. He was so very good at hiding what he was feeling that I doubted that he had any feeling. Well he was a vampire. A ruthless, un-feeling monster that preyed on the weak and innocent.

I finally tore my eyes away from his; his stare was too intense and dominating. "Are you hungry?" He asked. I shook my head; although I was lying. I was starving, but I didn't want to eat without knowing that my aunt was okay. Plus I don't think that question was really meant for me.

"Isabella" he said in a low and raspy voice. My heart fluttered for some reason when he said my name. I've heard my name come out of people's mouths many times before, but the way he said it made me...I don't know. It sounded so beautiful.

"Look at me love" he says gently carressing my bare arm. Why so sweet and delicate with me now? Just a few days ago the man was beating me to death.

I hesitantly looked him in the eye, and thats when I attually looked at him. Full on.

Dark brown hair almost black covered his head. It was messy, but yet it looked professionally done. His red eyes stood out against his pale white smooth skin. And his plump pink lips made everything complete and flawless.

"Would you like to see your aunt?" This question made my eyes widened and stand up out of impatience and need. My feet once again wobbled and my drop was towards the ground, but two strong hands balanced me.

I looked up at him; feeling once agian small and weak compared this 6'3 giant of a man. I held my gaze on him even after he cupped my cheek.

The questions remained. Whywas he being gentle? What was the true reason? Would he hurt me agian? How long would I have until he showed his true nature?

"Don't do this" I said. His eyebrows furrowed. "What"

A sigh left my lips as I removed his large cold hand from my blushed cheek. " Don't make me believe you won't hurt me," I say steping away from him "If your playing a game, I beg of you to stop; just kill me now and save me from embarrassment" I close my eyes and wait for death.

Moments pass before his large hand grips my jaw delicately before tilting it and pressing his cold but yet warm lips to my throat. I gasp silently at shivers going through me. His lips kiss each part of my neck, making me want death to come later and this moment last.

I know what I feel is terribly wrong. I know that these hands holding me has killed many people and soon me. I know that the lips kissing me sweetly and gently have licked the blood off wrists. But this man makes me feel something that I've never felt before. And that's coming from only ten days of knowing him. And if all of this is false, of all of this is a dream, then I'll treat it like reality.

His lips trace up my throat to my ear. And his voice comes out like honey and the tingles in my body continue. "Love," he breathes,
"The only game I'm playing is pretending not to feel something for you."