∆21∆

I was no longer angry, I wasn't sad, I wasn't anything. The feeling of anger never lasted long for me. I missed my friends, but I also didn't want to see them.

There had been constant knocking on my door, but I never answered it. Adam had come around once or twice and it always made the tears start. I had almost opened the door for him.

Another knocking came from the door, this time it never stopped; it was getting annoying and I had a good guess of who it was.

Suddenly the door came off its hinges and in walked Ares, god of being irritating.

"Alright listen, I know your human little feelings are hurt and you can't believe Adam did that, but girl he loves you and would burn in hell before he hurts you; and I got that by just the way he looks at you." Ares rambles, using his hands for dramatic affect.

I grin at him and he stops and stares at me confused.
"Why the hell you smiling like that?"

"I'm not angry... I just kinda wanted to be alone for a while." I say.

"Uh huh, well while your enjoying your loneliness, my brother is losing his sanity." My eyebrows furrow.

"Why?" I ask, he rolls his eyes and grabs my wrist; dragging me out into the hall.

"Well for starters he's being more aggressive towards everyone, he won't feed, he's braking a lot of shit, uhhh what else... oh yeah he tried to kill Elizabeth." I stop and stare at him shocked.

"Yeah umm, she's okay though, her head reconnected right away." Ares says smiling then stops from my expression.

"Where is he?" I ask.
"Probably tearing apart his room; oh wait he did that last night," I walk ahead of him and stop in front of Adam's room.

"I'm going to stay here with you, he hasn't fed, and I don't want him to lose control." He says seriously.

I raise my fist and before I can bring it down on the door, a loud booming voice makes me hide behind Ares.

"LEAVE, NOW!"

"Brother do not scare your mate" Ares says. Rustling comes from inside the room and Ares grabs my wrist.

The door opens quickly making me jump. A tall figure comes out into the hall; dark eyes appear in the light first, and then the rest of his body.

"What do you need?" Adam asks, his voice dark and intimidating. Ares smiles at his older twin brother.

"You look wonderful brother" he says. Adam's black eyes stare at him, unwavring. Ares clears his throat, uncomfortable.

"Isabella forgives you" Ares says and Adam's eyes softened and then he looks angry.

"And why are the one to tell me? Are you lying to me Ares?" Adam whispers dangerously low.

Ares grip on me tightens as Adam stalks closer to us. Can he not hear me breathing? If he hasn't been hunting he would have smelled me the moment I stepped in front of his door. Or maybe he is too focused on thinking of ways to murder his brother; because the look he is giving Ares is not one you should be joking with.

"N-no Adam I'm telling the truth, she even told me that sh-" Ares is cutt of by Adam gripping his throat and lifting him off the ground. Ares looks at me to help him.

I place my palm on Adam's bicep and he jerks his head to me. I stare into his wild, dark eyes.

"Stop" I say and he immediately drops his brother to the ground. Adam towers over me, staring at me. I can't tell what he is thinking, the black eyes hide his emotions from me.

Ares grips his brother's shoulder firmly. "It may be best if you feed first."

Adam shoves him off and walks towards me slowly. Ares stands behind him eyeing his brother's movements closely.

I stare up at him, slightly frightened from his lack of emotion, and piercing stare. I glance back at Ares who nods at me.

I lift my hand slowly to Adam's face and rest it on his cheek. I stroke his face with my thumb, while my other hand is placed on his chest.

"You're alright now?" I ask. He breathes in and closes his eyes; he nods. Adam touches my jaw as gently as he can.

"Forgive me," he whispers, "please."

"I already have" I kiss his collarbone.

He opens his eyes again. "You need to feed Adam" Ares says. Adam grunts and holds me against him. Ares sighs.

"Fine, I guess a bloodbag will suffice"

Adam leans in to kiss me but he stops. "Ares hurry" he strains to control himself. I back away. Adam looks at me, "I'm sorry mi' amour" he says before flashing away.

I stare at the spot where he stood. I have never met a vampire with more control then him.