◇12◇

"So what kind of dresses do you prefer; mermaid, sweetheart?" Elizabeth asked not taking a glance at me.

"Umm, I'm not really sure.. it's been a while since I've worn something nice" I say looking down; embarrassed.

She pats my back softly, "Don't worry, I'll help you out."

We walk into a large room which holds racks and racks of clothes. My eyes almost pop out of their sockets while Elizabeth giggles and pulls on my hand.

We look for dresses for about 30 minutes but we can't agree on something together. There are thousands of dresses in this room, and I can't find one that I like.

'Sigh'

'Life is so difficult' I think and move on to another set of dresses.

Suddenly I hear Elizabeth gasp and I look over at her confused. She looks up from the dress she is holding tightly to her chest.

She holds it out for me to see, and I have the same reaction as her. A beautiful long pure white dress is covered with lace at the arms and sides. And the part where the breast should be are dipped down into a sweetheart neckline; and the back is opened.

"Yes, definitely; if you say no then I'll hurt you because this dress is freaking gorgeous" Elizabeth says sternly.

"I think you're 100% correct. "

Elizabeth looks up at me once more and smirks. "Oh I know. Plus I think Adam will enjoy it also, what do you think?" Her smirk grows once she sees my red face.

"I'm going to try it on now" I said taking it out of her hands and going to the dressing room.

I think about what Elizabeth said about what Adam will think about the dress. Shoot, what if he doesn't like it?

What if he thinks it's too tight? Or what it looks like on me?

My eyes widened. There is going to be hundreds of drop-dead gorgeous women there at the ball; everyone will probably look at me with disgust.

What if-

My thoughts were cut off by Elizabeth knocking on the door. "Is everything alright Isabella?, you've been in there for awhile"

"Yeah I'm fine" I step out of the dressing room and face Elizabeth-- a nervous look on my face. She squels loudly making me wince and gushes over how 'beautiful I look' and 'it really shows my curves'.

She stops once she sees my face and glares at me. "Isabella Rose stop it right now, you look beautiful; Adam will think the same."

Elizabeth says sounding like my aunt. That thought makes me frown. Aunt Rozalina; I wonder if she will be there. I felt a little guilty for not letting her explain why she became something that she hated, something that killed our family.

But I guess I'm no better; I befriended one plus I'm in love with one.

"Hey, Isabella, snap out of it girly" I move Elizabeth's fingers out of my face and walk back into the dressing room to take off the dress.

"Well I was going to show you around, but I guess somebody missed you" she said pointing ahead.

I look over and immediately a wide smile covers my face. Adam strolls down the hall gracefully; while a breathtaking smile makes its way onto his pale perfectly crafted face.

"Well I have to give it to you Elizabeth, I didn't think she would come back in one piece" Adam says planting a gentle kiss on my mouth.

Elizabeth scoffs and rolls her eyes. "Anyway, I'll see you tomorrow Isabella." She says kissing my cheek, then looking from Adam to me "have fun" she winks before strutting off.

Adam shakes his head at her then looks down at me. He licks his lips slowly and kisses my lips again.

"Now for the fun part" he winks; my eyebrow shoots right up. Deja vu.