∆22∆

I lay in Adam's bed and wait for him to return. It has been 3 hours since he went out to feed. Even though he doesn't sleep, his pillow smells like him and it soothes me to sleep.

It doesn't feel like I am asleep for more than one minute, because I hear the door creak open and boots walking towards where I lay. The bed dips and a cold large hand is placed on the bare part where my shirt lifted.

I try not to shudder when he places a lock of my hair behind my ear. It isn't hard to not move since I'm pretty much half awake, half asleep. But it is hard to try not to squirm with his intense glare on me.

I get impatient to see his beautiful face, so I open one eye slowly to see him grinning down at me. I open both eyes and smile at him.

"I was wondering how long you would pretend to be asleep" he takes off his jacket and lays down next to me. He sighs deeply; I look at him.

"I should have told you, but..." He stops and he clenches his fist, he squeezes his eyes closed. I know he is getting angry with himself.

I kiss his jawline until his fist open and he is holding me against him. "Don't get angry" I say burying my head in his chest. He chuckles and kisses my forehead.

"I'm sorry, I really am," he looks into my eyes, "if it makes you feel any better it was really awkward when Elizabeth and I had sex" he blurts out making my eyes widened, and I gasp scooting away from him. He jumps up and put his hands up.

"Oh shit, Bella I'm sorry I didn't mean to say that, it just came out, I'm sorry, ughhh I'm such a fucking idiot" he smacks his own forehead.

The air is filled with awkward tension, and he opens his mouth to say something else but I hurry and cover his mouth.

I shake my head at him. "No filter I swear to god." I scold him. I remove my hand from his mouth. I stare blanky at the wall behind him for a few seconds before I can hear my own heartbeat through my chest. Umm I think I'm getting angry.

I grab his face and smush his lips together, he grunts from my sudden action. I stare him feircly in the eyes.

"How many times did you two do it?" I ask. His crimson eyes widened and he looks away me.

"Umm well," he clears his throat, "we started doing it in 1983, and it went on from there."

"It is 2046, Adam, you've been having sex with her for over 60 years," I growl, "attually 63 years if you do the math" I throw his head back and stand on the bed, towering over him.

He grips my thighs with his hands. "Bella...I know I haven't been honest with you but...I love you, as cliché and sissy as this sounds I've been in love with you since I first saw you in the woods, please forgive me for everything I've done to hurt you; emotionally and physically; I don't love Elizabeth and I never will...I can't describe to you how deeply in love I am with your heart, and your soul; please forgive me Isabella."

I stare down at him, watching the agony in his eyes. I sit back down and grip the back of his neck.

"You're a dirty douchebag who needs to keep his business in his pants," I smack his head, "I love you though... asshole.

He smiles widely and connects our lips. "Now that you have forgiven me, take your cute ass to bed its 1:00 in the morning."

He pushes me down on the bed and lays next to me. I pull my jeans off and my long-sleeved shirt so I am in my tank top and underwear.

I snuggle up into Adam and I burst out laughing from his tense body.
"What's wrong hun?" I ask.

"Uhhh nothing." He lies.

He places his hand on my butt but quickly removes it when I glare at him.
"Weirdo" I say.

"Not my fault you have a nice ass" he smirks, and I roll my eyes.

I guess things are back to normal.