∆27∆

I hold my ears in pain as Ares throws himself at Adam. The sound is loud and makes my ears ring. It was like two large boulders colliding.

For a second Ares has the upper hand and holds Adam's head to the floor. But Adam seems to lock eyes with me again, and he remembers what he was going to do.

He pushes Ares off of him harshly and he stands again. Again, he charges for me, but this time it is Demitri who steps up to Adam.

I don't stick around to see what happens because Aunt Rozalina and Elizabeth grab me and we are out the door.

I can hear clashing and yelling from inside. Aunt Rozalina places me on her back since Lilica's friends are chasing after us.

Aunt Rozalina and Elizabeth run as fast as they can through the woods. All I see is the green of the trees, and pale hungry vampires right behind us.

Why did this have to happen? I didn't want to blam any of this on Adam, but I was scared of what was to happen between us. The trust that we had for each other, part of it would fade away, and I would be cautious with Adam.

I am pulled from my thinking harshly as a body slams into Aunt Roz and I. I fall to the ground and continue to roll until my body slams into a tree.

"Bella!" I hear Elizabeth yell. Before I can stand, someone pulls me up by my arm gently and steadies me.

I look into the dark red eyes on front of me.

"We have to go Isabella" Ares says lifting me into his arms. I look at him, and he looks away.

"He's not coming?" I whisper tears filling my eyes. He looks at me sympyhically.

"He is... don't worry" he says. I nod. I look around, noticing something is missing.

"Wait," I say, "where are Elizabeth and my aunt?"

He smiles at me, and I almost start to cry again because he looks so much like Adam when he does.

"I told them to go back to our mansion" I nod again.

I rest my head on Ares' shoulder and stare up at the sky. I can feel him staring at me so I look up.

"Everything will be okay," Ares says firmly, " I promise"

********

We arrive at the mansion in minutes and immediately I go to my room-- feeling exhausted. I plop on the bed and take my shoes off. Sighing deeply at the empty spot next to me, I settle for my pillow to cuddle with. (Don't you dare say you've never cuddled with your pillow)

Tears leaked out of my eyes at a rapid pace, and I sobbed in frustration that they kept coming. The feeling of anger, fear, and want was directed towards Adam. I felt afraid for him to return, it would be hard to look at him the same way I did two weeks ago. Betrayal was also there.

I dung my my head under the sheets so I could block out the sound of me crying;  not wanting to be bothered right now.

My tears eventually slowed down, and I was left with a runny nose and puffy eyes. Dragging myself out of the bed I took off all of my clothes and got in the shower, not caring to test the water before I got in. I yelped as scorching hot water rained down on me. In panic I try to rush out of the tub only to trip and fall, my head colliding onto the tile floor; I black out.