∆36∆

Flashback to 1906;

Positano, Italy

Adam

I glared up at the sun as it glared back down at me. Its rays of sunshine were not all that great today. Even through the cold temperature of my skin I could still feel the hotness it gave.

I had never really enjoyed the sun's rays. When I was human, I never did appreciate how it would burn my skin, and make me hot and dizzy. I was more a person of the dark. Whether it be because I was a monster that crept in the shadows, or because the darkness really gave me a feeling of being human again. Of being normal.

"Adam" My father, Vino, yelled. I walked over to him.

"Yes father?" I said looking down at him. When I turned just a few years ago, I skyrocketed past my father.

"You're needed at table two" I nod and walk past him.

My dad was still human, while my brother and I were turned in 1903, we were forever stuck at the age of 21. Ares, my brother was ecstatic that he was going to be young forever, he had never enjoyed his life as a human, so he was more than happy to grasp the opportunity of becoming immortal.

I on the other hand was less enthusiastic. I wanted to eat and sleep and be human still. There was nothing in this life that got my interest. Killing innocent people was not want I intended to do when I was a man. I had only begun this life three years ago, and already I was looking forward for it to end.

"What may I help you with today?" I ask boredly staring at the notepad. I never made eye contact with the customers, if they saw my eyes they would definitely run away screaming, and I would have to go after them...which ended up with that person dead.

"Um how about pancakes and bacon please" a high pitched female's voice drifted musically through my ears. I resisted the urge to look at her.

"Will that be all ma'am?" I ask politely.

"You're quite rude aren't you?" She hissed, and my eyes narrowed from shock and confusion.

"Pardon?" I put the notebook into the pocket of my apbrom.

"You haven't looked me in the eyes once since you stood here, what am I too ugly for your beautiful, rich eyes?" She practically spat at me. I found myself becoming amused with this woman who I have yet to look at.

"No ma'am...I'm blind" I lie hoping she'll believe it and move on. She stays quiet for awhile and I am beginning to think she bought it but instead she scoffs.

"Liar" she says, "look at me" she demands.

I sigh in slight annoyance from her stubbornness, but does as she says.

I look at her and she looks at..gasping.

"You're not going to run away screaming are you?" I ask. She shakes her head and smiles up at me. Her teeth are slightly crooked, and her nose is perky and high. Her eyes squint as she stares at me with big blue/green eyes.

"Well...those are some terrifying eyes" she lightly teases, then smiles at me again. And I smile back.

She puts out her hand for me to shake.
"Sarah Kingston" I put my hand in hers' and she shivers from the temperature.

"Adam Romano, pleasure to meet you Sarah" I grin. A tint of link lightly covers her cheeks.

She looks down and plays with her thumbs. After a few moments she looks up again and raises her eyebrows at me.

"How about those pancakes Adam"