∆33∆

Dedicated to kellie_2013

I wake up the sound of a door opening quietly. I sigh and wrap my arms around the cold blanket.

I hear someone shuffling a bit, and I think it's Adam.

"Was it good?" I hear a voice ask. My eyebrows furrow as I recognize the gentle voice. I mentally roll my eyes.

"Go away Elizabeth" I mumble. I hear her laugh and lay next to me. My eyes snap open.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked her bewildered. She grins at me and pinches my arm through the sheets. She rests her head on her hands as she stares at me with her elbows prompt on her legs.

I scoot closer to the end of the bed.

"Was it good?" She asks again, and my eyes widened, "not to be awkward or anything but did he do the spinning thing?"

I blinked at her.

"No Elizabeth he didn't do the spinning thing, or whatever the hell that is." I groan and shove my face into the pillow, wishing Adam was here to save me from Liz's weirdness.

She gasps loudly, and shakes me sort of roughly. "Did you do it on him!?" She shouts.

I jump up and grab her shoulders, not caring that the blanket is revealing my boobs.

"Elizabeth please go away, it is more than awkward with you asking what kind of sex moves did my boyfriend do with me; and even more awkwarder that you know all of them!" I yell.

She stares at me for a while before grinning again. "What about the whoopty-whoo?"

"OH MY GOD!" I shout.

"Woah ladies, can I watch?" Adam smirks as he sees Liz and I close and my breast hanging out. I immediately cover myself and glare at the both of them.

"You're gross, and get your porn somewhere else."

They laugh in unison.

******

I practically skip down the hallway with a goofy smile on my face. I felt 100 times better than what I felt a week ago. Old Bella was back, and I felt even more energized than what I normally am.

Either that came from last night or making up with Adam. Whatever it was I was enjoying the aftermath.

"Well don't you look adorable, skipping down the hallway like a ballerina" Ares teased, and I rolled my eyes.

"Thanks" I said punching his shoulder lightly so I wouldn't hurt myself.

He wraps an arm around my shoulders and grins down at me. I can already see what he's going to say.

"Sooo," he starts, " how was it?" He asks. I step away from him, feeling my cheeks heat up from annoyance and embarrassment. It was different with Liz since she's a female and my best friend, but this is Adam's brother, and I really didn't want to share the sexual details of Adam's and I love making.

I play with my hands while he smirks down at me.

"I'm not having this conversation with you" I say. He chuckles.

"Alright, alright, I'll leave that alone" he says, and I thank him.

"Where you headed?" He asks stepping closer to me. I feel my burning cheeks simmer down.

"I was going to the kitchen to get some food, you want to come?" I ask.

"Sure"

We walk down the hall in silence, with him occasionally taking glances at me through the corner of his eye. Is there something on me?

Once we enter the kitchen Ares sits down on one of the stools and kind of stares at me while I pour milk into my cereal. I try not to squirm out of uncomfortableness.

I chew on my plain wheat and grain cereal, and pretend to be engrossed in reading the back if the box. I had to re-read several times just so I didn't have to look up to meet the gaze of Ares too intense eyes. Only Adam could do that and not make me feel uncomfortable.

I finally look into his eyes after washing my bowl out. His eyes are so similar to Adam's that I keep reminding myself not to get lost in them.

"You're beautiful" he says finally after what seems like centuries of silence. I take his complement as a brotherly thing until he says something that makes my jaw drop.

"You remind me of my dead mate" he bluntly says. I look away from him for awhile and then look back.

"Umm thanks...what was she like?" I question, wanting to take the attention off of me somehow. It works.

He looks down at his lap and fiddles with his fingers.

"Her name was Sarah...she was my world...everything about her was perfect, absolutely no flaw; she had about the same color eyes as you, with long beautiful hair that I couldn't decide weather it was blond or red," he sighs as he continues.

"She was so kind to everyone she met, never letting anyone feel left out or alone, she would often cry sometimes if she couldn't help somebody,"

"She was only rude when you were rude to her or someone she cared for...she didn't take shit from anybody, she killed everyone she disliked with kindness, and eventually those people started to respect her...even if she was human."

My eyes widened. "Sarah was human?" I ask dumbfounded. He looks back up at me.

"Yeah, that's why I see her every time I look at you, kind hearts and kind souls, and of course humans."

I no longer feel awkward; I understand.

"That's sweet, she sounded like a very beautiful person with that of a rare pure heart." I take his hand in mine and squeeze it. He looks down at our hands and he intertwines them.

As he brings my hand up to his lips I pull back gently and give him a warm smile.

"It was nice talking to you Ares" I say and head out the door, not before hearing him say...

"You too Isabella Rose"