Chapter 2 - The Pull

Caleb's P.O.V

As the day wears on, I sit in my office doing paper work, a vaguely familiar scent fills my nose. Who could it belong to? One of my pack fighters comes rushing into my office.
"Alpha, there are werewolves on our territory. They seem to be coming from the Eclipse pack." He says.
"Stop them, but don't hurt them" I reply. The Eclipse pack, that's my best friend Aidan's pack. I shift into wolf form and head into the woods. By the time I arrive my pack fighters have already surrounded the intruders, but they aren't intruders at all. It's Aidan and a girl, a very attractive girl, her scent is familiar, and so is her face. Where do I know her from? I shift back and change into sweat pants, in front of everyone, I don't care if I'm seen naked most werewolves shift in front of each other, its normal.
I walk up to Aidan and we hug, engaging in catch up small talk, I push for him to introduce the girl.
"My sister actually" Aidan says. The cute girl is his sister, wow, she's changed so much I hardly recognize her. Her brown hair is longer, her height taller, her waist looks curvier. Cora's skin is tanner making her look more like her brother with her brown hair and eyes, her eyes and their glowing emerald green colour, wow. She smiles making the dimple on her cheek show.  I notice her staring at my bare chest and smirk. I'm glad the attraction is mutual.
"Cora, how could I forget you?" I hug her, she tenses slightly, I breath in her scent, she smells of roses.
"I'm still a part of your pack" she says, her voice high and soothing. I stare at her for a bit, taken back at how much shes changed and for the better. It's such a shame she's Aidan's sister, if she wasn't I'd be hitting on her faster than you can say- 'mate' My wolf interrupts. 'Excuse me?' I reply back. I smile at her while I fight with my wolf in my head. 'She's your mate. Mate. Mate. Mate' My wolf chants over and over again in my head, eventually I block him out. My best friends sister cannot be my mate! That's not possible, she'd know if I was her mate.
"So how long are you guys planning on staying?" I ask.
"Just until Cora's birthday" Aidan answers.
"Why this birthday? Aren't you turning like what 18?" She holds back a half laughed laugh. I raise my eyebrow in confusion. Aidan nudges her and momentarily I want to rip his arm off for hitting her. Maybe she really is my mate? Cora sassily rolls her eyes at him. I think my heart just skipped a beat.
"I'm turning 16" Cora says. My heart shatters into a million pieces. She's only turning 16! I'm 5 years older than her. Now I'm certain there's a mistake here, 'but the moon goddess doesn't make mistakes' Kent my wolf says, why is he right!
"But what if you find your mate? Will you be staying permanently?" I don't want her to leave, not yet. She nods her cute little head. What am I thinking! She's Aidan - my best friend's little sister. I need to stop thinking about her like this, it's wrong. I gesture for them to come with me, I lead them back to the pack house and show them to their rooms. I put a shirt on and pay Cora a visit. I stand leaning against the door frame, my arms crossed. A smile plastered on my face. Cora is laying on her bed, she looks exhausted.
"I hope you like it, sorry I couldn't get you an Alpha suit, but this will have to do" I say. She sits up and looks shocked to see me. I smile. I feel a pull towards her, it's strange, I've never felt something like this before, does she feel it too?
"Oh no, its fine. Its an upgrade compared to what I have back at home" she replies.
"Really? Your brother makes you sleep in the pack house?" How dare he! Arg my wolf is making me protective over someone who isn't even mine, 'yes she is' I block Kent out again.
"Yeah, luxurious" I chuckle at her sarcasm.
"Make yourself at home" I smile again heading to my office. I enter and sitting at my desk is Aidan. I hold back a smirk at his childishness.
"Get out of my chair" I half laugh, he spins around in the chair,
"you mean this chair?" He asks. I get behind the chair and flip him out of it, he lands on the floor with a thud. I laugh and reclaim my throne. Aidan lays on the couch. He tosses a football up in the air, repeatably.
"So, found your mate yet? or are you buying hookers still" My stomach drops when he mentions mates, does he know?
"Neither" I chuckle signing a document.
"You get dared to go to a strip bar once and you're branded for life" I mutter, Aidan was the one who dared me in the first place, the bastard. He laughs at the memory and I throw the pen in my hand at him.
"No but seriously have you found your mate?" He asks. He stops throwing the ball and looks at me, I look up from my paper work,
"no, you would of met her by now" I say rather too quickly and put my head back down. He continues to throw the ball. There's a knock at my door,
"come in" I say my tone of voice lower and more demanding. My Delta comes in,
"Alpha, three of our wolves are nearing the boarder, also some of the teenagers are asking if they can build a small bonfire?" He says,
"what wolves are nearing the boarder?" I ask,
"Bianca Write, Toby Thomas and a girl, her scent is of roses sir"
"Cora's the third, they're probably going to the stream" Aidan adds in. I nod.
"What he said, and they can have the fire but if it gets out of hand again, never again" The Delta nods and leaves.
"Look at you Mr Alpha" Aidan says. "Shut up, how's your mate?" I ask. "Well we're expecting a pup" he says giddily.
"Congrats man, when?"
"Thanks, sometime during these next few weeks."
"Boy or girl?"
"No idea, but I kinda want a girl"
"Aw, your mates turned you into a softy" he throws the football at me hardly and growls. I catch the ball. Looks like I went too far.
"Don't ever talk about my mate like that" he says through gritted teeth. "Okay, I'm sorry...Mr overprotective" He glares at me.
"It's an instinct that grows stronger when you're expecting a pup, sorry" he replies embarrassed.
"It's fine. Do you want to go to the bonfire"
"Hell yeah" We exit the office and head outside to the bonfire. I spot Cora sitting with her friend, the wind blows and she shivers, the boy she's sitting next to wraps his blanket around the both of them. 'He has his hands on our mate!' Kent says, I glare at the boy with his arm around my supposed mate, my eyes drifting over to meet Cora's, my stomach swirls.
I have to find out if she's my mate, and I will, I'll find out if she's my mate, in two days time.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Chapter question: Favourite name? Mine are Cordelia, Rose, Tyler and Xavier. Let me know your favourite name and why in the comment section below :) Until next time...VOTE....COMMENT