Chapter 7 - Midnight Apologies

Midnight approaches, I walk to my old room. I open the door and Caleb is sitting on my bed.
"Caleb? What are you doing here?" I ask,
"I came to see you" his words slightly slurred and he smells heavily of alcohol.
"Are you drunk?" I question, "werewolves can't get drunk. Unless you know a witch that makes special boos" he takes a swig of the bottle and winks,
"okay, thats enough" I say snatching the bottle from him and placing it on the bed side table.
"You're drunk"
"Yeah, because of my mate, I've been getting drunk a lot lately because she left me, she hates me you know, she tried to reject me because I thought she was too young to be a Luna, if only she knew how much I miss her"
"Trust me she knows" The mate pull is stronger than I remember.
"You should probably go tell her" I suggest. "I will when I'm sober" he stands up and falls to the ground - unconscious. I leave him there and go to bed.

Caleb's P.O.V

I wake up on the floor, I got drunk again. This time I didn't wake up in my office but in Cora's room. My head pounds as a hangover grows. I sit up and go straight for the door,
"I was beginning to think you were dead" she says.
"Please tell me I didn't do anything stupid" I ask.
"Like mark me?"
"Yes. No"
"No you didn't mark me." She looks sad. Awkward silence fills the room, "Cora look I'm-" I begin,
"I don't want your apology" I walk toward her briskly, cup her face with one hand and kiss her. She pulls away, "don't you dare think we can just kiss and make up!" She yells slightly, then continuing,
"You hurt me Caleb and not just emotionally but physically, every month I have to go through frekin' heat like every wolf but because I'm unmated it hurts like a bitch"
"I can make it go away"
"Oh, so now that I'm 19 you can mark me, think again buddy" she storms out of the room,
"Cora, Cordelia!" I call out.
"Don't you ever call me that" she says pushing me back and stomping to Jace's room.

Cora's P.O.V

I knock on Jace's door Caleb chasing behind me,
"Cora-" Jace begins,
"no time to talk, let me in and lock the door" I say pushing passed him. He locks the door, not long after Caleb begins knocking and calling out my name.
"Piss off Caleb leave me alone!" I yell, but he persists, finally I open the door, "Caleb you had your chance" I push him,
"you practically rejected me" push,
"and now you think you can come back and claim me" push,
"well, newsflash I hate you and I will never love you" push, his back hits the hallway wall,
"you hurt me in so many unimaginable ways" instead of pushing him I punch,
"how dare you do that to me" punch,
"I just wanted to be accepted" punch,
"I just wanted to be loved!", tears are pouring down my face now,
"do you know how many nights I spent crying myself to sleep" punch,
"how many painful heats I had to go through" punch,
"all because I was too young! Am I too young to be loved!" He grabs my wrists, his facing beginning to bruise,
"its okay, I understand, I know that now, I was stupid not to accept you, I'm sorry Cora, I'm sorry and I will do whatever it takes to win you back, even if that means risking death I will do whatever it takes" I continue to cry hysterically. He looks at me realizing what he has done, he kisses me softly. I push away from him and sink down the opposite hallway wall. I sit in a feetle position crying and crying, my breathing beginning to hitch and become shorter and quicker, a panic attack arises. I sit in the hallway having a panic attack. Jace kneels next to me trying to calm me down but none of his words reach my ears, I stare at Caleb sitting across from me as I hyperventilate, he looks scared, worried and hurt. Aidan appears in front of me, he caresses my face and helps me breath. This isn't the first time this has happened since I found my mate. He picks me up and takes me into Jace's room, I fall asleep on his bed.

Caleb's P.O.V

Aidan shuts the bedroom door as he exits Jace's room.
"What happened?" He asks,
"in a drunk haze I wander to her room, talked about god knows what, then passed out on her floor" I answer, "classy"
"Not one of my brightest moments, then in the morning we talked and she walked out on me so I chased after her and she started pushing and punching me and then she freaked out"
"She punched you?"
"Multiple times. Does that happen often? The panic attacks?"
"Not so much anymore but the first year or so quite frequently yes"
"She's never going to forgive me is she?"
"I couldn't say. We're leaving tomorrow"
"So soon"
"She doesn't want to stick around here and we may as well check out what's left of our pack houses"
"Do you hate me Aidan?"
"I did at first yeah, but then at the same time I understood where you were coming from. It was a dick move still"
"I understand that now, I wish I could take it back, I've tried everything I can think of, apologies, repetitive apologies, kisses"
"You kissed her!" I rub the back of my neck,
"kinda, sorta, yeah"
"Now I'm going to punch you"
"Still the overprotective big brother I see"
"More than ever now that your here"
"You don't trust me?"
"Of course I don't trust you. I know you like the back of my hand, I know everything"
"I was a 16 year old man slut I know, you weren't much better yourself" we chuckle,
"my only advice to you is don't make things worse"
"And how would I do that?"
"Don't go near other girls like I'm talking 50 meter radius" we laugh, "maybe not that extreme but you get my point, don't randomly kiss her or try to even mark her"
"Is that advice or a rule?"
"Both"
"And make sure you don't attack other guys she hangs around"
"So she can hang with guys but I can't hang with chicks"
"At the moment, you want to make it seem like she is the only girl in your life which she is right?"
"Of course, but she has a boyfriend"
"Yes and sometimes I wish he were her mate because he is the nicest guy" I growl at him,
"oh and one last thing don't and I mean don't mark her without her permission"
"Otherwise what?"
"She'll never forgive you"