Chapter 25 - 2 Months

The cold tiles send chills up my body, my feet peel off the tiled floor as I silently tip toe to the kitchen, Kelsey not far behind. I grab the cold plastic handle of the freezer, pulling the door open, leaking out streams of light and mist into the bare, dark kitchen.
"It's so beautiful" Kel whispers in my ear, I jump high like a cat near a cucumber - startled.
"You got the equipment?" I ask. Kelsey holds up two large spoons. I smile and reach my hand into the cold, ice covered freezer, my hands coming in contact with the large tub of ice cream. I shut the door quietly. Adrenaline hits me causing me to jump back in fright when I see a face staring back at me from behind the freezer door. His hand slaps against my mouth to stop me from screaming. His hand moves away when he realizes who I am.
"Luna I'm sorry" My Beta Gabe says. "It's alright Gabe" I say fiddling with the plastic seal around the ice cream, Kel turns on of the small kitchen lights above us. I look Gabe up and down, he's in his pajamas.
"You can go back to bed" I say.
"Thank you Luna" he replies.
"Gabe. What have I said about calling me Luna? You don't always call Caleb Alpha so I want you to do the same for me. Call me Cora"
"Yes of course Lu-Cora" he smiles weakly. I giggle at him,
"good night Gabe"
"Good night" he leaves.
Kel and I sit on the kitchen bench sharing the tub of cookies and cream ice cream. We talk and giggle the night away like two teenagers in the dim kitchen light.

A loud crash startles us, I put the almost empty tub of ice cream on the kitchen counter and hop off the bench, my Luna instinct kicking in. I push Kelsey behind me. The door opens and in stumbles Caleb - drunk. He's laughing, Aidan crawls in on all fours and passes out in the middle of the kitchen. Caleb laughs at Aidan.
"Caleb, did you drive home?!" I say reaching for his hand. He pulls away, "Don't touch me. I have a fiance-friend." He says. "A what?"
"A fiance-friend"
"what is that?"
"I'm not sure. We're not married or getting married, we never really dated, we live together, we're having a child together, are we partners? I don't know what we are." he says. I reach my hand out to touch his cheek, he pushes it away. "I have a mate!" he yells at me, swaying slightly. I walk away and circle back around.
"Caleb it's Cora" I say approaching him like you would approach a wild animal. "Cora" he smiles crookedly and tries to lean in for a sloppy kiss, I push him away.
"This girl is trying to hit on me" He says pointing to where I once stood but is now occupied by nothing but darkness.
"Caleb, you didn't drive home did you?" I ask again.
"No of course not. A pack guard did"
"Why are you so drunk?"
"Well Aidan and I-" he looks down at Aidan and laughs, then continues on with his story. "We bet these guys that we could bet them in a drinking contest and it turns out they were werewolves as well and gave us special witchy jew jew beer and we didn't know" he cracks up laughing.  I mind link Gabe, '
Gabe! Sorry to wake you again but Caleb's home and he's drunk and he's scaring me'
'I'll be down in a minute Luna'
"Gabe's coming" I whisper to Kelsey. She nods concernedly. Gabe appears in the kitchen,
"Alpha it's time to go to bed come on" Gabe says approaching him like a wild animal, his hands out in front of him, palms flat and facing Caleb.
"No!, I am the Alpha, I tell you what to do!" He replies.
"Shh, Caleb there's people trying to sleep" I say trying to bring his loud tone of voice down.
"Okay, baby" he says lazily winking at me. 'Tell him to go to bed, he'll listen to you' Gabe mind links. I nod and processed,
"Caleb you've got to go to bed now" I say.
"No! Neither of you can tell me what to do. Was my Beta mind linking you?!" He says beginning to get angry. I face palm.
"How dare you go behind my back and hit on my mate!" Caleb yells bring back his fist.
"Caleb don't please" I beg. He lunges his fist forward at Gabe, but in his drunken state he misses and hits me instead. I feel blood rush to my cheek and eye. Shocked, I stand and stare at him until the pain hits. Caleb also shocked passes out, the alcohol finally getting to him. Gabe turns around to me frantic.
"Luna, are you okay" He asks but all I can hear is my own heart beating in my ears. I slide to the ground and hold my injured face in my hands, a tear slips down my face. Gabe picks me up in a cradle and takes me to what I thought was my room but it is his instead. He places me on his bed to sit.
"Thank you Gabe" I say wiping my tears away and sniffling.
"Where's your mate?" I ask.
"She's staying with her sister, she understands that it is Alpha business" he replies.
"Tell her thank you"
"I will" he smiles and hands me an ice pack.
"Where's Kelsey?" I ask.
"She's waiting for me down stairs, she's looking after the boys. You know he didn't mean to do it"
"Yes, I know. I'm just shocked, I'll go to the pack doctor tomorrow to check on the baby and if and when she asks about the bruise I'll tell her, last night when I was getting ice cream I hit myself in the face with the freezer door"
"If that's what you want" I nod.
"I don't want his pack loosing respect for him because of a stupid, drunken mistake"
"I understand Luna. You can stay here tonight if you would like, I'll just take the couch. Try and get some sleep okay, I'm going to go take Caleb to his room and Aidan as well."
"Do you want help?"
"No I've done it before plenty of times, after you left the first time, Caleb got drunk regularly so I got in the habit of lifting him up and taking him to his room"
"Gabe you're the best Beta, thank you" I stand up and give him a hug. He smiles a small smile at me,
"good night Cora"
"Good night Gabe" he walks out of the room.
I pull back the quilt and sheet of Gabe's bed, I slide my legs and body under the covers inhaling a scent I am not all that used to. I'm still shocked that my mate hit me, I know he didn't mean to but I'm still shocked. My face hurts and so does my heart. I close my eyes and try to sleep, hoping and praying tomorrow will be a better day.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hey guys!! Sorry for the late update!! I've been super busy with school, extra circular activities and I've been in the process of switching phones!! (Finally I have an iPhone and not a crappy $100 Samsung!) I hope you enjoy the chapter, I'll try and get another one to you ASAP! My chapterly question to you is...Microsoft or Apple?! My answer would be Apple because I'm more of a make movie kind of person then play a computer game kind of person (but I still love the Xbox ;) hehe) Let me know your answer in the comments!! Also this book is under editing and I'm adding chapterly questions and more description so if you want to reread the book I'll let you know when I'm finished editing completely!! :) Love you guys! Until next time...

SHARE

COMMENT

VOTE!!