Chapter 36 - It's Your Wedding Day

Caleb's P.O.V

The normally bland forest clearing is decorated with white wedding decorations. White chairs with pastel pink bows tied around them, line the forest floor leading to a small platform in the centre of the clearing. My pack members fill the seats, along with neighbouring Alphas and packs.
A long white carpet stretching from the pack house to the platform runs through the centre of everything.
On the platform is a large flower covered archway with which I stand under, waiting patiently for my bride. I try my best to stay composed and not show the body shaking nerves I have. My black tuxedo seems to be suffocating me as I wait, longer and longer. I fear she will not show.
'Of course she will show up' My wolf snaps at my doubtful thoughts.
'Relax' He continues.
I close my eyes, taking deep breathes, I take in the scent around me. I inhale the scent of roses and the comforting smell of the forest. My nerves are at ease for now.
The pack elder who will be marrying myself and my mate stands behind me, waiting quietly, reading through his notes.
I recite my vows in my head, trying to take my mind off the matter at hand.
Cora insist that we learn our vows off by heart which adds extra pressure and fear. God I am an Alpha, this shouldn't be so hard. I talk in front of my pack all the time, how is this any different? All I am doing is publicly confessing my love for my mate. It shouldn't be this difficult. I shouldn't be sweating as much as I am right now.
I need my mate!

Cora's P.O.V

I look myself up and down in the mirror. My white wedding dress almost blinding to the eye. I chose my dress with the help of Kelsey, it is a white strapless dress with a beaded sweetheart neckline and a tule, hooped bottom - a princess style. My hair is styled out, but pulled back out of my face in an abundance of wavy curls. I also have lightly done, natural make up.
I place my flower lined vail on my head. Ready.
"Ready?" A voice asks from the doorway. I turn around and find my brother, dressed neatly in a black tuxedo, as handsome as ever.
"As ready as I'll ever be" I reply.
"I have something for you, it belonged to mum" he says handing me a box.
I take the box and open it. Inside is a silver and sapphire jewelled hair pin. I gape at its beautiful sight.
"Mum would want you to have it, and you know how the saying goes: something old, some new, something borrowed, something blue. Now you have something old and blue" He says. I smile at my brother and pin it in my hair.
As for the other items needed to complete the saying, I have a diamond necklace that Kelsey wore at her wedding which is something borrowed and for something new, the vail. I had the vail clip especially engraved with my wedding date and when either my sons mate or my possible daughter get married I will hand it down to her as something borrowed and the hair clip, something old and blue.
"Cora, your mates waiting for you" Aidan informs me.
I take a deep breath and follow my brother outside to the white carpet. There's no turning back now.

Caleb's P.O.V

The soft background music stops and the string orchestra begins to play the cliché 'here comes the bride.
Kelsey - the maid of honour, walks down first, the rest of the bridal party following.
Finally Cora walks down the isle, her arm linked with Aidan's.
Aidan is also my best man and is a part of my small group of groomsmen, which includes: my Beta, my Delta, unfortunately Jace, Cora's best friend Toby and Henry as the ring bearer. In the bridal party there is; Kelsey, Beta's wife, Delta's mate, Cora's best friend Bianca and baby Cordelia as the flower girl.

I take in Cora's appearance, she looks stunning. My wolf jumps for joy at the sight of our beautiful mate. My eyes never leave her as her brother gives her away and she walks up the small stairs and onto the platform in front of me. The pack elder begins the ceremony but the world around me has canceled out as I memorise every inch of her beautiful body. My eyes devour her in love and desire.
My hearing fades back in as I am asked to say my wedding vowels.
"Alpha Caleb please recite your vows" the elder asks.
I nod in response.
"I, Alpha Caleb of the Starburst pack promise to always love and to protect my beautiful mate with all my being until the day I die and when the time comes I will love and protect our children as much I do my mate." I say.
"And you Luna" the elder says.
"I, Luna Cordelia Rivers promise to always love and cherish you, my wonderful mate, as long as I may live and when the time comes our children. I vow to protect you and our children with all my strength and love." She says.
"Thank you. Now can the ring bearer please hand over the rings." The elder says.
Henry walks forward with two rings on a cushion.
Cora and I take the others ring.
Our left hands are then loosely bound together with a pastel pink ribbon.
"Do you Alpha Caleb Alexander Rhyes of the Starburst pack promise to always love Luna Cordelia Imogen Rivers?" The elder asks.
"I do" I say slipping the diamond ring onto her left ring finger.
"And do you Luna Cordelia Imogen Rivers of the Starburst pack take Alpha Caleb Alexander Rhyes?" The elder asks.
"I do" She replies slipping my golden band on my left ring finger.
"Together please cut the ribbon" the elder asks.
So together, Cora and I grab the scissors and cut the ribbon.
"I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride" the elder says.
I pull her by the waist close to me, her arms snake around my neck and our mouths connect.
We pull away before we get too engrossed in the kiss.
Cora and I walk hand in hand down the aisle as the audience claps. My wolf howls in happiness.

+++

I carry my wife and mate inside our house bridal style.
"Welcome home Mrs Rhyes" I say, she giggles at how cliché I am.
"Glad to be home Mr Rhyes" she giggles back and kisses me.

I gently place her on our bed, I hover over her, lost in her beautiful green eyes. My wolf is pushing me to kiss her and I give in. I press my lips to hers, her lips moulding into mine like they were made for me and mine for her. Despite the challenges we've been through I'm surprised we're here. I thought she would never forgive me, that I would die alone, but look at me now. I'm mated, married and have a son. My life is perfect, she's perfect, I couldn't ask for a better mate. I love her so much.
I open my mouth to speak, to tell her about how perfect she is, how glad I am that I have her but no words can be expressed, my feelings for her can't be described in words not even those three little words. Only actions can show her how much she truly means to me, how much I love her.
I finally managed to squeak out the three little words,
"I love you"
"I love you too" she replies smiling that smile that drives my wolf insane, the smile that gives me butterflies every single time. The smile that could light up all of New York on a stormy night. Her smile. The smile that captured me.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Hey guys!! Yay they finally got married! So this isn't the end of the book! But it is the end of the main focus being Caleb and Cora's love sorry aka Book 1. I will be continuing the book but it will be more focused on their children and passed histories will be repeated. The conflict with Jace will be revived as well as Aidan's evil ex Beta. So please continue to read and vote and comment. I love you all xx

Until next time

READ

COMMENT

VOTE

:)