Chapter 21 - Bad Timing

There's only one thing on my mind, I have to tell Caleb I'm carry our child. I find him and envelop him in a hug. "You're in a better mood " he says. "Yeah, I am" I reply,
"Caleb, I need to tell you something, some...news" I say.
"Sure babe" he answers. He stops looking at me and stares off into space, someone mind linked him. Moments later I receive a mind link as well. 'Luna, rogues have been seen near the territory, we request either yourself or the Alpha come back immediately'
Caleb looks at me sadly,
"I'll go, you can tell me whatever you needed to tell me when I get back" he says and kisses my forehead as he pulls me into his arms.
"Stay safe" I murmur into his shoulder. "You too" he mumbles into my forehead. We look at each other, not daring to leave each others arms. He leans down and kisses me, my arms encircle around his neck, his arms around my waist. Our kiss is passionate. He leaves eventually to attend to our pack. I watch him as he shifts into his big wolf, he nuzzle me slightly then licks my face. I laugh and kiss his wet nose. Caleb runs off into the distance, back to our pack.

Kelsey and I sit in a nice shady spot, Henry plays around with a stick, Cordelia sits on Kel's lap. We talk about pregnancy and children and how naughty and alike Henry is to Aidan. There's a rustling in the bushes, my head snaps to the direction it came. "Henry, come here" I say. He does as he is told.
"Yes, Aunt Cora?" He asks. A large, grey wolf jumps out of the bushes - growling and snarling, teeth bared. Henry looks frightened
"Go, get your dad, go run!" I say. Henry runs into the forest as fast as his little legs can carry him, which is surprisingly fast. I stand up, a frown on my face. A growl escapes my lips. A grotesque looking man appears next to the wolf,
"ive us the child!" He demands. "Never!" Kel replies, holding Cordelia closer to her. The man steps towards the two, I step in front of them protecting them.
"Out of the way girl" he snarls. I punch him under the jaw sending him to the ground, I stamp on his leg - breaking it. He let's out an awful gurgling cry. The wolf pounces at Kelsey, I step in front of it and punch the wolf, sending it flying backwards. The man with the broken leg managers to stand up, he tries to pry the baby from crying Kelsey's hands. She won't let go, the man punches her and grabs the baby, Kel goes falling backwards and hits her head on a tree, she falls unconscious. I punch the man again, I step on his neck and watch him claw at my ankle for life. He stops breathing. The wolf attacks me, it deeply scratches my leg. I scream out in pain, temporarily off my guard. The wolf pins me down, its snapping jaws aiming for my neck. I kick it off me and flip up off the ground. The wolf pounces again, slashing my arm. I cry in pain, the wolf grabs me with its teeth by the back collar of my shirt. He drags me kicking and screaming back to his base.
The world spins before me, my loss of blood effecting me. The wolf drops me on the ground. Aidan's ex Beta appears above me,
"this is not who I sent you after!" He shouts. The wolf now in human form speaks,
"we know sir, but the youngest child was unreachable while she stayed alive" he replies.
"Then why didn't you kill her!"
"Because this girl is Aidan's sister, the Luna to the Starburst Pack and she's carrying Alpha Caleb Rivers' child"
"You accumulated all of this just by listening to their conversation?"
"Yes sir"
"Well done Dav" Aidan's ex Beta - Vaughn lifts me up to a sitting position by my shirt front.
"Hello Cora" he says grinning evilly. "Vaughn" I reply in pain. I am hoisted up by two men onto a chair, they bind my legs and arms. My wounds stop bleeding and begin to slowly heal.

Caleb's P.O.V

I am called back to Aidan's pack urgently, he doesn't tell me why, just that he was attacked by rogues. I rush back in wolf form. I stop halfway through the forest and follow Cora's scent, but Cora's not there. Aidan and a bruised Kelsey are.
"What happened? Where's Cora?" I ask. Aidan looks furious as he comforts his crying mate.
"He took her" is all Aidan says.
"Who took her?" I question, starting to get angry.
"My ex-Beta Vaughn" My whole world crumbles in an instant. I scream in anger and punch a nearby tree until it breaks in half.
LThey came after Cordelia" Kelsey cries as she rocks Cordelia back and forth in her arms.
"That one, punched Kelsey! Cora killed him" Aidan says anger radiating off him. Cora sacrificed herself for her niece, that sounds like her. How am I going to find her? The wind picks up and a metallic smell mixed with Cora's scent - rose's, fills my nostrils. My head perks up.
"What is it?" Aidan asks.
"I've go her scent" I say. I follow it. The scent stops a mile into the forest. I howl in anger, my wolf close to breaking free.

I meet Aidan back in his office. He has a concerned look on his face. I frown, Aidan turns the computer screen around to face me, it is a video of Cora. I growl.
"It's from my ex Beta Vaughn" So that's the devil's name - Vaughn.
"Play it" I growl through gritted teeth. Aidan reluctantly plays it.
Vaughn appears on the screen, "Alpha Aidan, Alpha Caleb, you're probably looking for Luna Cora" Vaughn says smiling evilly. He turns the camera around to Cora, she sits, tied to a chair. "Go to hell Vaughn" Cora yells at him. Vaughn just laughs.
"The old bridge, we are un-" she yells out, only to be cut off by Vaughn. "Cora, sweetheart if you don't shut up, I will cut that child from your womb"
Child what is he talking about.
"Your heartbeat sped up. You're either very worried about your unborn child or you haven't told him" Vaughn finds this very humors. He chuckles, "did you hear that Caleb?" Vaughn says directed at the camera, "she is pregnant with your child" he laughs manically. "Until next time"
The camera switches off. My wolf takes control, he starts throwing things across the room. Kelsey clings to Aidan's side.
"Caleb calm down" Aidan says. My wolf freaks out even more, punching a wall over and over again. I have no control. "Its not Caleb" Kelsey whispers.
"Damn right its not" Alex replies. "Alex!" Aidan yells my wolfs name. We stop and look at Aidan. There is a small prick on our neck, we turn around and see Jace holding a needle, he injected us with wolfsbane. We go forward trying to attack Jace, but there are three of him, the world continues to spin and we fall unconscious.