Chapter 8 - The Heat

Imogen's P.O.V

The sun rises brightly through the canopy of trees, a warm ray of sunshine touches my skin, lulling me to sleep as I wait for my mate at our rondeau spot. A crunching of leaves behind me makes me turn, I spin around hoping to see my mate but find my brother instead.
"Oh it's you" I say.
"Expecting someone else?" He questions, raising his eye brow.
"I'm meeting up with Dean" I say smiling at the mention of his name.
"Mmh, thought so."
A silence grows between us.
"When are you going to tell Mum and Dad?" He asks crossing his arms across his broad chest.
"Soon"
"When are you going to finish the mate process, I can tell you haven't because your scent is still the same"
"We'll do it soon"
"Igg it's been almost two months, if you don't do it soon you're going to go into heat and it hurts"
"What does?" A male voice questions from across the clearing.
"Heat, you guys have to finish the mate process and soon" Adrian says.
"I know" he replies.
"I think I'm going to tell mum" I pipe up.
"Just mum?" Adrian asks.
"Yes and then I'll ask her how I should tell Dad"
"Good idea. Now that only leaves one thing"
My cheeks heat up, blushing.
"I'll leave you two to it then" Adrian says smirking and walks away.
An awkward silence grows between us, I bite my lip nervously.
"I-I'm going to tell my mum about us"
"Okay, if that's what you want" he says coming towards me, he takes me in his arms and hugs me tightly.
"I'm scared to tell my Mother"
"Why?"
"I don't know, I don't want her to get upset because I didn't tell her"
"It'll be alright, she'll understand I'm sure. I can go with you if you want?"
"That would be really nice" I say standing up onto my toes and kissing Dean.
"Then maybe we can go on a date, after school?"
"That would be very nice" I say smiling. Butterflies pool in my stomach just thinking about our soon to be date.
"Until then, lets go tell your Mum"
"Okay"

+++

Dean and I walk into my kitchen, we find my Mother sitting at the kitchen table reading a magazine.
"Hello you too, shouldn't you be on your way to school?" she says without looking up.
"Mum I need to talk to you" I say concernedly.
"Should I be worried?" She asks.
"No of course not" Dean says.
"I was talking to Imogen, Dean" My mother says finally looking up from her magazine.
"Dads not around is he?" I ask.
"Rogue watch"
"I'm going to tell you something and please promise me you won't be mad" I say sitting down at the table in front of her.
"I can try" she replies closing her magazine.
"Dean and I are mates and I've known since my shifting ceremony, I'm sorry I should of told you sooner" My Mothers mouth drops open, her eyes shift from me to Dean and back again.
"Finally" Adrian says from his room.
"You told your brother before telling me?" She replies offended.
"I'm sorry" I say, "it's just I know all that stuff that happened between you and Beta Jace and how dad hates him and I didn't want dad to hate Dean"
"I understand sweetheart, I can't believe you felt you had to hide this from me. Your father and I will always love you no matter what"
"It's not me I'm worried about its Dean"
"I'll make sure your father doesn't kill him"
"How am I going to tell dad?"
"Same way you told me"
"Okay, I'll tell him after school"
"You do that sweetie"
"Bye"
"Have a great day"
I grab Dean's hand and head to school.

+++

Math class slowly bores me to death. I tap my pen on my book , everything the teacher says goes in one ear and out the other. My temple pulses and my vision blurs. The world spins and disappears.

+++

I come too in the nurses office.
"Wh-what happened?" I ask.
"You fainted. You hit your head pretty hard. I've just contacted your parents, they're sending your brother to come get you. They insisted not to send you to the hospital but if you feel nauseous or get a headache even fatigue call a doctor"
"Will do" I say sitting up, dangling my legs over the edge of the bed.
"I'm going to go get your release forms for your brother to sign, I'll be back in a minute"
"Okay"
The nurse leaves, a few moments later the door opens again but instead of it being the nurse it's Dean.
He strongly strides towards me and presses his mouth on mine.
"What was that for?" I ask.
"Just because" he replies. He continues to kiss me, laying me down on the office bed. He trails kisses down my neck, I feel his teeth graze my neck.
"Dean" I say pushing his head away, "what are you doing"
"I-I...I don't know" he replies dazed.
"You just tried marking me"
"I don't know what came over me, just today I feel drawn to you"
"Oh no"
"What?"
"I've gone into heat"
"Explains it" he smirks.
"We are not doing this at school"
"What about after?" He smirks.
"Possibly" I flirt back.
My stomach cramps up, a searing pain courses through my body. I wince.
"Am I hurting you?" Dean asks.
"No, no, just un-mate heat, hurts" I reply.
"Let me fix it, I don't want you hurting because of me"
"Not now, the nurse will be back any second"
"Okay, I'll meet you back at your place" he kisses me and smiles his boyish grin as he leaves.