Chapter 31 - The Beginning Of Change

Aidan's P.O.V

I watch my sister and best friend together in the most notorious make out spot. Caleb honestly disgusts me sometimes.
He used to take other girls to that exact spot, wrap an arm around them and now he's taking my sister and pulling those exact cheesy moves on her, always thinking with his dick and never with his heart. Cora was so innocent and free spirited, now she's a Luna and a mother. Caleb's forcing her to grow up to fast, she's only 19 years old and a mother (not that young parents are uncommon in the werewolf community). Sometimes I think he forgets she's five years younger than him because she's so independent and strong.
I just want her to have a fun teen life like I had, not stay home and look after a child while her mate goes off and continues to live his life.
It's time for Caleb to grow up and be the mature one and let Cora be young and reckless.
Cora's 20th birthday is coming up and I'm going to make sure she has fun, I'm going to show her how to be a teenager.

+++

Cora's P.O.V

I stalk through my house looking for Caleb, our baby in my arms.
"Caleb, come on we need to leave now or we'll be late for Henry's birthday party" I shout. Adrian stirs in my arms, my loud voice hurting his sensitive ears.
"I'm coming" I hear a distant voice say.
"What took you so long?" I ask irritated.
"I was doing Alpha work"
"I'm the Luna of this pack, I know when your lying about work"
"I was signing a document proving that Aidan and Kelsey actually had another child"
"Right. I need to sign that as well don't I?"
"Yes, just do it at the party"
"Okay. Have you got Henry's present?"
"No, where is it?"
"Dining room table"
"I'll fetch it"
Caleb goes and gets Henry's brightly coloured, perfectly wrapped gift. We then head out the door to the party.

+++

Screaming children invade the party, they are everywhere you look. Adrian buries his little face into my chest, trying to hide from the loud noise. I rock him gently and kiss the top of his almost bald head.
Little arms wrap around my leg, I look down and see Henry, a big smile on his face. I hand Caleb, Adrian.
"Happy birthday Henry" I say squatting down to his height and giving him a big hug and lots of little kisses. He giggles away - embarrassed.
Henry is tapped on the shoulder by Aidan, Aidan whispers something in his ear, Henry's face lights up.
"Oh, happy birthday to you too Aunty Cora" he says.
"Aw, thank you Henry" I reply, giving him another big hug, he then runs off to join his friends.
"Hey lil sis" Aidan says.
"Hello to you too Aidan" I reply hugging him,
"How's your new bundle of joy?"
"She's good, cries a lot at night thou, Kelsey and I haven't had any sleep for the past 4 weeks we've had her"
"Where is she, I want to see her"
"She's with Kelsey. Oh and guess what, Cordelia took her first steps the other day."
"Oh my, how fast she's growing"
"Tell me about it. Happy birthday by the way"
"Thanks"
"Caleb get you anything?"
"Nope. Well..."
"Well what?"
"I had a nice wake up call"
Aidan's face deadpans.
"Cora. You know there's a tiny part of me that hates the idea of you and him being being mates still, why would you mention that"
"You asked"
He rolls his eyes at me.
"Come on birthday girl, let's go see Kelsey"
Aidan and I walk over to where Kelsey is sitting, Caleb stands awkwardly with all the mums and bubs.
"You want me to take him back?" I ask Caleb.
"Sure" he replies handing me Adrian and quickly kissing my cheek before hurrying off to talk to Aidan probably.
"Hey Kel" I say hugging her one armed.
"Switch?" She asks gesturing to our children. I nod and she hands me baby Alexia. She smiles a toothless grin at me. I kiss her kissable cheeks, she's adorable and looks just like Kelsey.
"So Aidan wants us to all go out tonight for your birthday" Kelsey says.
"Who? Us and the kids?" I ask.
"No, you, me and them"
"What will I do with Adrian?"
"Nanny. You have one of those right?"
"Yeah, of course"
"Okay then, it's settled, we're all going out partying tonight for your birthday"
"Sounds like fun"
"Oh it will be"

+++

I look myself up and down in the mirror unhappily. Caleb insist I wear this dress, it's a black, skin tight dress with large cut outs just under the breast, spreading over my rib cage. I struggle to do up the zipper at the back.
"You look stunning" Caleb says from the doorway, he is wearing tight black jeans and a fitted button up, white shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows.
"Do you need some help?"
I nod.
Caleb slowly does up the zipper on the back of my dress, sparks fly throughout my body as his finger tips brush up against my skin. I can feel his hot breath on the back of my neck, it sends shivers throughout me. Caleb gently places kisses on my neck. I shut my eyes, enjoying the moment, he finally reaches my cheek then my mouth, but instead of kissing my lips he falls to one knee, a red, velvet box in his hand. He pops it open,
"Cora Rivers will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"
That was unexpected, I'm speechless for the first time in my life.
"Of course!" I say happily,
"I thought you'd never ask"
He stands up and I him pull to me, I snake my arms around his neck - kissing him, kissing him passionately. His hands encircle my waist, pulling me closer to him.

Caleb's P.O.V

I pull away from the kiss temporarily,
"But Cora, we're going out" I say.
"They can wait" she replies kissing me again. She falls backwards onto our bed - taking me with her. She looks at me lovingly.
"Where's the ring?" She asks me.
"The what?" I ask lost in the moment.
"The ring you idiot, put it on my finger"
We laugh as I take the ring out of its velvet casing and slip it onto her finger.
"I love you so much" I say deepening out kiss.
"And I love you" she replies.