Chapter 1 - Our Life

BOOK 2

I bring my fist up and bash it against the hard wood of the bathroom door.
"Adrian this is your mother, open the door!" I yell.
My almost sixteen year old daughter stands next to me, dripping wet and wrapped tightly in a towel, her long black hair covered in bubbles of shampoo. My daughter Imogen resembles myself in many ways with her black hair, tanned skin, slim body and curvy figure, her personality though is a little too much like her fathers as I'd like.
Adrian opens the door, pockets of soapy smelling steam drift out of the bathroom. Adrian is also dripping wet, a towel wrapped tightly around his waist, exposing his toned torso and chest, a common werewolf physic.
I look between my two half naked children, why is it that werewolves care so little about nudity.
"Adrian, why did you kick your sister out of the shower" I ask in an angry tone.
"I needed a shower" he replies nonchalantly leaning on the doorframe uninterested. Sometimes he is too much like his father and not just in appearance. Although he looks like Caleb with his hazelnut coloured eyes, similar smile and dimples, his hair colour is alike to mine - black. Adrian's personality commonly reflects me but he has his moments when he is all too much like his father, one of those moments being now.
Imogen adds to the conversation, "more like wanting to f-"
"Thats enough Imogen" I say cutting her off.
"Adrian did you really kick your sister out of the shower so you could screw your mate"
Caleb walks past Imogen's room adding his part,
"Nice one son" he says.
"Caleb! Go to training" I say rolling my eyes, sometimes I swear I have three teenagers living in this house.
"Adrian, your nineteen years old, stop thinking with your dick and start thinking with your head" I scowl.
A voice from inside the bathroom echoes out,
"Hey Luna Cora" Adrian's mate Ally says.
"Ally don't call me Luna, call me Cora please" I say back.
"Right sorry, Mrs Rhyes" She replies. I shake my head jovially at how difficult it is for her to call me by my first name. A small smiles makes its way to Adrian's lips. Ally is a short, baby faced, red head with a very bubbly personality.
"Oh Adrian tell your sister that I put my old uniform on her bed" Ally continues.
"Did you get that?" Adrian asks.
Imogen replies,
"Thanks Ally"
I give her a questioning look as if to say uniform?
"Cheerleading squad mum" Imogen says.
"You didn't tell me you got onto the squad" I say shocked.
"I didn't want to make a big deal out of it besides I thought you'd get mad"
"Sweetie why would I get mad?"
"Because it's a human thing and I'm not supposed to show my werewolf skills in front of humans"
"No I'm excited for you. I was on the squad when I was your age as well"
"Really?"
"Of course but that's a story for another time. Go finish showering, you can use dad and mines bathroom"
"I'll just use the guest room next door, thanks though" she walks away. Adrian goes back to his shower.

After Imogen was born, we moved out our old room and moved Adrian in there while Imogen went in the joined room. It was a great idea while they were young but now it's painful.

+++

I sit drinking my morning coffee, bathing in the morning sunlight. Imogen walks into the kitchen where I sit, dressed in her cheerleading uniform. I look her up and down,
"That's...short" I say sipping my coffee.
"Just a little" she replies joining me at the table.
"How are you getting to school?"
"I don't know, bus?"
"Adrian's dropping Ally off, I'm sure he can drive you as well"
She nods in response.
"And also, try not to let your father see you in that"
"Why?" She questions.
"Because you know how overprotective he gets, he won't let you leave the house"
"But I'm wearing booty shorts under it"
"That won't matter Igg"
Adrian walks into the kitchen.
"Morning mum" he says sitting at the table.
"Morning sweetie" I reply, "remember you have training today that you're already late for"
"Shit" he curses.
"Adrian! Not at the table please." He rolls his eyes at me.
"I've already mind linked your father and told him you're driving Ally and your sister to school so you shouldn't get in too much trouble"
"Thanks mum" he says.
"Your welcome sweetie"
Ally walks into the kitchen also dressed in a cheerleading uniform. She walks straight to Adrian's side,
"Good morning everyone" she says brightly. Adrian stands up and kisses her.
"You look beautiful" he whispers to her. A blush covers her cheeks.
"But that skirt is too short" he says. Ally instantly frowns.
"It's my uniform Adrian" she says crossly.
"And I don't want other males looking at you while I'm not there with you" he replies equally as cross.
"What am I embarrassing to be associated with? Does my skirt make me look fat?" Ally says upset.
"No, no, God no. You look stunning, you look beautiful and sexy"
"Then why can't I go to school looking like this" Ally looks close to tears. She's like a sad puppy.
"I don't know I'm sorry. I just don't want others touching what's mine"
"You know no one could ever do that. I'm yours and your mine and everyone knows that. No one would dare do that"
"It's just the humans, you can't trust them."
"I know but I've got other werewolf friends, ones that are boys-"
Adrian growls but Ally continues,
"Male wolves who will stop any human from touching me that shouldn't be"
"Okay. Promise me you'll tell me if any of them give you trouble?"
"Of course. I promise" Ally smiles, so does Adrian. He leans in and kisses her.
"Why are mates so...ew" Imogen says, pretending to throw up.
"You'll understand one day, when you meet your mate" Ally replies looking lovingly into Adrian's eyes.
"I honestly couldn't care less about mates, if I find one, good for me, if I don't, who cares, not me"
"Don't be so bitter Imogen" I say, "besides, if Adrian is this protective of his mate just think how your fathers going to act" I say continuing on our conversation from before.
"Going to act when what?" My mates voice booms across the kitchen. Everyone except myself jump startled, Ally moves closer to Adrian.
"Nothing sweetheart" I reply. Caleb gives me a questioning look. I continue to stand my ground with a 'nothing' look.
"Adrian you're late for training" Caleb says.
"I've got to take Ally and Imogen to school" Adrian replies.
"That's right, just don't be too late please, you're setting an example remember"
"Yes dad"
"We better leave for school or we're gonna be late" Imogen says nervously as she knows her father will try to stop her if he see's her uniform.
"Ah-huh" Adrian agrees. The three teenagers scurry to get out of the house. Imogen's almost out of the door when Caleb notices.
"Imogen Sophia Rhyes, what in the Goddess' name are you wearing?" Caleb asks, beginning the war.