Chatper 13 - The Battle

Imogen's P.O.V.
"Let me fight" I yell at both my mate and Alpha Henry - my cousin.
"Imogen you're 5 and a half months into a 6 month pregnancy. Are you crazy? Your wolf won't even let you shift" Dean replies.
"I'm Beta as well, I should at least be out there helping"
"You'll only get yourself and our baby killed"
"My wolf wouldn't let it. If I were in danger my wolf would surface to protect us"
"Imogen this has nothing to do with you or your ability. Don't take it personally. You're pregnant and that comes with restrictions" Henry says.
"Please" I beg to the both of them.
"You can stay with the rest of the pack and if need be you will protect them, but hopefully it doesn't come to that. The Starburst pack have agreed to help us in our fight against Vaughn"
My stomach drops, my old pack, my family. Oh my God my parents, my brother, I'm going to have to face them, and like this. My mother warned me about moving in with my mate so young and she was right. How can I see her? How can I see them? I start to hyperventilate.
"What's wrong with her?" Henry asks. Dean comes to my side and supports me,
"This happens every time she see's her parents or brother. It's the way they left things"
"I'm sorry, but we need their help"
"I...under...stand" I say in between breaths.
"If it makes you feel any better, you're parents are away travelling and won't even be there?" Henry says.
"Slightly" I reply, composing myself.
"Good, now Dean, we must prepare to fight. Imogen, rally the other pack members, get them into the safe houses, look after them" Henry commands.
"I will" I reply.

+++

The fight between rogues and pack rages on outside. My anxiety high as I fear the loss of my mate. All those unable to fight - mothers, children and the elderly, sit frightened and huddled together. Many of the pack mothers sit with me and we talk about pregnancy and babies. A striking pain hits my side, my mates been injured. The women try to calm me as I hyperventilate. A loud bashing begins on the safe room door. The room begins to mutter in fear, I hush them with one swipe of a hand.
"We know you're in there Imogen, if you don't let us in we'll kill your mate" a raspy voice speaks. A tear rolls down my cheek. Using a secret side exit only available for Alpha's, Beta's and Delta's. I join the battle and come face to face with the man at the safe room door. Next to him is my mate, half dead, being held up by his arms by two rogue guards.
"What do you want?" I ask.
"Imogen no-" Dean starts but is kicked in the ribs. I growl and advance forward.
"I said, what do you want?!" I demand screaming.
"You" The man replies menacingly.
"Imogen, that's Vaughn" Dean croaks out. My stomach drops, the ex-Beta.
"What do you want with me?" I ask slowly stepping away.
"Many years ago when Henry was just a child I sort after him, but your frickin mother stopped me, but at least I caught her. Unfortunately for you, I want my trophy and thanks to this pack and your old pack I was able to get it, but now an opportunity presents itself"
"Imogen!" Dean yells.
"Take the girl and kill him!" Vaughn orders.
"Dean! No!" I yell running forward. As one of the rogues holding Dean prisoner extends his claws ready to slice open his throat, a large black wolf bounces through, ripping the wolf to piece.
"Adrian?" I ask shocked. The wolf stares me deep into the eyes, and I just know that it's my brother. Two rogues grab me and drag me away, I struggle for freedom as my wolf takes over. Ravenous and in control my wolf attacks. Vaughn watches on, somewhat pleased. Any rogue in my wolf's immediate vicinity is dead or at least badly injured. She rushes over to our injured mate and nudges him with out muzzle. He grabs onto my back and I run to safety.
"Not so fast" Vaughn's horrid voice bellows. In a matter of seconds we are surrounded. I can't fight with Dean on my back, I gently lower him to the ground. I pounce forward, Vaughn punches me to the ground, I am restrained by rogues and injected with a tranquilliser.
"Take the boy as well" I hear Vaughn say as the world fades out into a sea of black confusion.