Chapter 26 - Two Days

I wake up in an unfamiliar room, my mate no where in sight. I slowly trudge out of bed and into the bathroom to wake myself up. I jump back in surprise when I see myself, the corner of my left eye is a blue/purple as well as my cheek. I lightly touch it and wince, the memories of last night come flooding back.
"Luna?" Gabe questions. I turn around to face him, his eyes widen at the sight of my face.
"I would of thought your healing would of kicked in by now" he says assessing my eye.
"Does your wife have any make up?" I ask.
"In the cabinet" I begin applying foundation and concealer, topping it off with setting powder, I have to cover it up, no one can see it.
"Luna would you like me to go with you to see Caleb?"
"I should be alright by myself. I'll mind link you if I need you. Thank you for all your help Gabe"
I hug him and leave. I slowly ascend the stairs that lead to my room. Hesitantly I knock on the door then enter. Caleb walks out of the bathroom, his wet hair glistening in the morning sun.
"Hey babe" He walks towards me and hugs me, I flinch when he lifts his arms up to hug me. Caleb notices,
"what's wrong baby?" he asks. "Nothing" I lie.
"Did something happen last night when I was out?"
"No"
He cups my face and I wince in pain. Caleb turns my face either side inspecting it, his touch gentle.
"Cora, what's wrong? I know there's something wrong with you, your acting strange and I can feel how uneasy you are through our mate bond"
I sit down on the bed, Caleb follows. "Last night in your drunken haze you got mad at Gabe for some stupid reason and you lashed out but you missed him and got me instead" I say trying to hold back the tears. Caleb freezes, his mouth slightly ajar in shock.
"Caleb?" I shake him but he doesn't move, he continues to stare at the ground, frozen in shock.
"Caleb!" I plead. He comes back, his breath quickening.
"I-I-I hit my mate" he says in disbelief. "It's alright you didn't mean to do it" I say crying. He doesn't seem to hear. Caleb drops his head into his hands mumbling
"I hit her" over and over again.
"It's alright" I repeatedly say whilst shake him out of his spiral of madness. He refuses to listen to me, tears slide down my face as I try to convince Caleb and myself that's it's alright, that it was just an accident.
"Caleb" I sob into his shoulder.
"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" he says finally looking me in the eyes. Caleb's eyes are red and puffy, he's crying.
"I'm sorry" he continues to mumble as he stands up. He looks at me one final time before saying
"I'm so sorry Cora" and runs out of the room shifting into his large hazel coloured wolf.

+++

I lay amongst the sheets taking in the smell of Caleb - cinnamon. There's a light knock on my door. I don't answer. The person comes in anyway. I feel the bed dip from their weight.
"Go away" I say. "Cora, it's been four days you need to eat something" Aidan says caressing my head.
"I'm not hungry"
"If you don't eat you'll kill the baby" I look up at Aidan with my tear streaked face. The bruising still not healed. He pulls me over, my head laying on his lap.
"Where is he?" I ask.
"In the woods a lot of the time. He's been in wolf form for days"
"Have you talked to him?"
"Yes" I sit up.
"What did he say?"
"He misses you"
"I miss him" I cry. A searing pain hits my stomach. I clutch it and cry out in pain as I fall to the ground.
"What wrong?" Aidan asks panicking. "I don't know" I say. My body begins to contort and shift into my chocolate coloured wolf.

Caleb's P.O.V

I've been in wolf form ever since I ran out on Cora. I can't look her in the eyes without feeling horrible for the terrible thing I did. I can't face her after what I did. My wolf hates me, I hate me. Moon Goddess please forgive me!
Aidan walks into the woods.
"Shift!" He demands. I growl at him, "Caleb if you want to forgive yourself you can start by going in there and comforting your mate" I shake my wolf head.
"Caleb she's been in there sobbing for days, she's not eating which is hurting her and the baby" I shift back into human form. He throws a pair of shorts at me.
"Caleb I can't go in there, I'll hurt her even more" I say my first words in days.
"She's crying because she's not with you. She's depressed. Both of you are"
"I can't, but you can. Go in there and talk to her, get her to eat for me."
"Go in and tell her yourself!"
"I can't!"
"Caleb I'm your best friend and I'm always going to try and help you out but she's my little sister. I'm going to do whatever it takes to look after her and if you don't go in there and comfort her and act like a mate should I'm taking her back to my pack."
"But she's the Luna of this pack, you can't do that. You'll start a war!"
"If that's what I have to do"
"You know I love her as much as you do and I miss her so much but I can't handle to see what I did to her. The bruise, the mark of my mistake should of healed by now and I don't know why it hasn't"
"It's because she pregnant and depressed, her wolf is broken and isn't healing her"
"What did you say?"
"She's pregnant?"
"No after that"
"She's depressed?"
"She's depressed. She's depressed because of me"
"No, well yes but being pregnant is a major contributor, it's a common thing amongst pregnant women"
"I've screwed up so bad Aidan"
"I know and you have two days to fix it or I'm taking her" Aidan leaves. Two days. I have two days. Two days to get the love of my life back. Two days to get my mate back. Two days to fix what I have broken.