Chapter 33 - Perfect Timing

My head pounds. The remnants of last night taking full affect.
"Get up" Aidan's voice rings as he shakes me awake. I open my droopy eyes only to be blinded by the sun.
"Why does this remind me so much of when we were young, me always waking you up the next day, half naked with a girl"
"Because my friend, some things never change"
We laugh as we reminisce on old memories.
Cora annoyedly moans at our loud voices and continues to sleep. I sit up massaging my pounding temple.
I am on the floor in the back seat of Aidan's car.
"Cora wake up" I say gentle shaking her. She pushes my hand away.
"Cora, we're half naked in the back of your brothers car"
She jumps awake.
"Good morning" Aidan says looking at his sister through the rear view mirror. She embarrassingly covers herself as she realises she has nothing but a bra and underwear on. She looks down to me with a concerned look on her face.
"Cora put some clothes on please" Aidan says nonchalantly. Wow I'm surprised he isn't yelling, that's a first.
"I am not going to be able to get back in that dress" she says pouting.
"Here" I say passing her my shirt.
"Thanks" Cora replies covering herself. I sit in the backseat with her.
Aidan starts the car up and begins driving home.
"I feel sick" Cora says clutching her stomach,
"And my head feels like there's hundreds of tiny drummers inside of it"
"I know" I reply, "it's called a hangover" I lay her head on my lap.
"I know what its called and it is so worth it"
We all laugh.

+++

Cora and I wave Aidan good bye as he drives away, off of our territory. He dropped us off at our back door so we stay hidden from any pack members, we don't want to make a bad impression.
We enter the back door of our house at the top of the pack house, and waiting in our living  perfectly timed are my parents. Cora freezes shocked. I on the other hand try to make a run for it. I back, back out of the door pulling Cora with me. I can feel the fear Cora has.
"Not so fast Mr" my mothers voice booms.
What are my parents going to think! I'm half naked and only in a pair of jeans and Cora, she's only in one of my shirts with her dress and heels in her hand.
"Nice to see you too mum, thanks for letting me know you were visiting" I say sarcastically.
"Thanks for telling me you had a child" she replies angrily. Cora looks at me madly.
'You didn't tell her we had a child!' She mind links me.
'No, I didn't want my dad judging my son and in the process forgot to tell my mum' I reply.
'Caleb how-'
"Don't mind link to each other while we're standing right here" my mother yells angrily.
"Mum, I'm sorry" I say. She shakes her head disappointedly at me and walks away and out of the house.
"How dare you not tell us Caleb!" My dad yells,
"You made your mother cry you know that?! You have no idea how long she's wanted grandchildren for and then by not telling her you crushed her Caleb. Oh and Cora I thought you were smart enough to at least tell us if Caleb didn't."
"I thou-" she begins timidly.
"I told her I told you dad, it's not her fault it's mine and don't lecture my mate!" I say standing up for my mate.
"Her parents are dead, if I don't lecture her, who will?"
I can feel the anger inside of Cora growing, especially when he mentioned her dead parents. How dare he!
"Look at you" he says directed at Cora,
"can't even stand up for yourself, you're never going to be a strong Luna, for starters you're young and weak. How could you help lead this pack if you can't even stand up for yourself against me, you were made Luna way to early. You're nothing more than a child. You're weak and I'm sure your child is too. I bet he'll end up just like his mother weak and just like his father, a disappointment. You're both irresponsible and young, I should never of given up this pack to my drop kick son. You Caleb are not worthy enough nor are you strong enough to lead this pack-"
"John that's enough!" Mum says, her face wet from tears.
"Don't you dare talk about my family like that!" Cora yells at him, finally exploding,
"You're the weak one, you're the coward always putting your son down to make yourself feel big. You're son is the most worthy person to lead this pack. He is the strongest Alpha I know and the best mate and I'm sure he'll be the best father and husband, unlike you Alpha John. You aren't even worthy enough to call yourself an Alpha, you are the weak one, your time has come and been and now it's our time. I may be young but weak I am not. I have been through hell and back and still survived. I am strong, I am a fighter and your son Caleb helped me to see that, he helped me to become the strong independent person I am. Unlike you, you rule a pack and think you rule the world. All you're ever going to be is a previous Alpha who made no impact but either we will or our son will, lead this pack to victory. We will become the strongest pack, just wait and see. Now get out of my house and off of my territory before I have you removed"
I can't help but smirk, my mate just showed up my good for nothing father. She showed him how strong she was, how good of a Luna she will be. I'm so proud to have her as my mate.

Cora's P.O.V

John holds a shocked look on his face,
"You heard her, get off of our territory before I have you killed for trespassing" Caleb says.
"You wouldn't dare" he states.
"Wouldn't I?" He says. I mind link our Beta and Delta to come remove him, they soon enter and forcibly remove my still shocked father in-law. Luna Josie does nothing to stop the guards.
"I'm so sorry mum" Caleb says hugging her once John is gone.
"It's okay, I understand why. Just next time please tell me." She says.
"Who said there's going to be a next time?" I question. Luna Josie looks me up and down in my half naked, t-shirt attire,
"Oh sweetheart, I'm almost certain there will be a next time"
I blush, my cheeks turn bright red. Caleb and Josie laugh as my mate pulls me under his arm, placing a kiss on the top of my head.