Round 12 [Poetry Round]

Comment Topic: Comment on what you believe is the underlying message behind these poems.

The most beautiful thing about poetry is that it can evoke some of our deepest thoughts and emotions. There are many ways to analyze a poem and there usually isn't a right or wrong answer because we analyze poetry based on our own life experiences. Let's see where these poems take you.

---

Poet #1: A7smarts

Book Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/36926725-the-one-who-watches

Specified Chapter: When One Is In Need 6 (chapter 6)

Summary Thus Far in Book: One last chance to see her Watcher. One last chance to tell him that he is her Watcher so. If she does not tell him soon, she will have to let him go.

Author's Note: A Watcher is a higher, refined form of a guardian angel.

Genre: Poetry

Winning Comment: I'm not a huge critique of poetry so please hang in here with me. At first I was confused of what was going on so I went back and read the other chapters and they were really nice.

I found in this one you went away from the motif of the branches and moved to water which looking at a holistic approach confused me a little.

Although I found the line "The knowledge of his presence on it's way was the fuel that kept me pumping" rather poignant and summed up the chapter. I don't quite know what a watcher is but I'm assuming the meaning behind this chapter is they feel like they are losing the person they are fighting for hence all the swimming but they really haven't and the person is protecting them.

I noticed that you had a double spacing thing going on here which as a neurotic person slightly annoyed me but this is a personal choice thing.

I feel that the swimming is a metaphor for something but I can't work out whether it is a sink or swim thing or just something the person is doing.

(From this review you can probably see that poetry critiquing is not my strong suit...sorry I've been trying to gain some clarity but overall I'm confused. People a little more perceptive than me will probably get what you mean)

That last line really packed a punch and that was nice to read so good job :) - euphoriaseeker

Follow this Winner: euphoriaseeker

1st Runner Up: JovyLow6

2nd Runner Up: TheRecklessRebel

Final Author's Note: What a great round, this was tons of fun. Thank you everyone ^_^

---

Poet #2: tamoja

Book Link: https://www.wattpad.com/159243252-poetry-strung-from-synapses-utopia-stained

Specified Chapter: Utopia Stained

Summary Thus Far in Book: N/A

Author's Note: Feel free to comment even a feeling you got while reading. I hope one came to you, that is, in my opinion, the only thing that makes writing good. Evoking an internal spark or connection of any kind. Thank you for your time.