Round 92

👉 Press that Star!

Announcement: Remember that voting for the June/July prompt challenge starts at July 11th, US central  time!

Commenting time frame (CST): 7/7 ~7/16

Moderator: swiftiegirl1010

Comment Topic: Detailed descriptions, whether it be for scenery, character appearances, or action sequences, are always important for panting images of the scene in the reader's head. List at least three things the author did well with the amount of detail in their chapter and how/why.

---

Author #1: SebJenkins

Book Title: Life After Death

Specified Chapter: Chapter 2

Summary Thus Far in Book: So far, the prologue flashed forward and gave us an indication of the impending apocalypse Max is going to face, and the hopeless situation he will eventually find himself in, surrounded by the undead with no escape. Chapter one then drags us back down to earth as Max Dalton, our main character wakes up to his droning alarm clock. Although he has lost any love for his job, the big presentation he has been trusted with may be his chance to turn his life around. At the moment he's down on his luck, no wife, no girlfriend, a miserable job, and no nearby family. He then finds out once he gets to work that he's lost his job, and after an argument with his boss, he returns home. Max is battling with depression. Feel free to read the short prologue and first chapter if you have time.

Author's Note: This chapter is really meant to convey the hopelessness in Max's life, and his dark battle with his depression. Does this come across well, and if not, how could it improve?

Towards the end on the chapter, we see our first real bit of action. Is the action scene graphic and entertaining enough for you, or could it be improved?

Is the speech between the two brothers believable and realistic, and does it grip you?

In-line Comment Preference: In line comments are welcome.

Genre: Horror

Rating: Chapter rating PG (some violence)

Check back to see the winning review!

---

Author #2: VeilOfPetals [NBR Board]

Book Title: Hunger