Round 81

👉 Press that Star!

Announcement: April's Prompt Challenge is: A man has sold his soul to two different demons. They both come to claim it at the same time. Go vote for your favorite submission! Deadline to vote is April 30th. 

Commenting time frame (CST): April 23 ~ April 30

Moderator: dawnstarling

Comment TopicChapters must move along smartly, but they cannot be too much in depth or too vague. Comment on the detail the author used to create immediacy. Are you hooked right away? If not, how can they improve?

---

Author #1 [Featured WP Writer]: EricaSumner13

Book Title: Chronicles of a Wineux: Chicken Soup Can't Heal Cell Phones

Specified Chapter: Chapter 44, Following or Stalking

Summary Thus Far in Book: Dangerously armed with a pregnant imagination and observation skills bordering on stalking, physically awkward college senior Sara Donovan is convinced she's stumbled upon an international antiquity smuggling ring operating out of Tuscaloosa, Alabama. The notion that such an idea is preposterous never occurred to her. Until she found herself on the business end of law enforcement. In the previous chapter, one early evening Sara makes a snap decision and follows her neighbor, who she suspects is part of the ring, for over thirty miles to a state park south of Birmingham. Things went wrong and instead she walked right into an FBI sting operation. Sara is apprehended literally holding the bag. The spotlighted chapter places Sara and her miniature red dachshund, Mauzzy, in an FBI interview room after almost two hours of questioning.

A couple of references from earlier chapters will help as you read this chapter:

1. Sara carries with her what she calls her "OCD Waste Tissue System, patent pending by Sara Donovan." The System is comprised of a gallon-size Ziploc freezer bag (for its heavy-duty construction) that serves as the Container of Containers. Inside it is one Ziploc sandwich baggie stuffed with clean tissues and a full travel-sized bottle of purple hand sanitizer. A second Ziploc quart-size freezer baggie, again for the heavy-duty construction, holds all the gross nasty used tissues.

2. In addition to her neighbor, Sara is convinced one of the people in the smuggling ring is Mrs. Bagley, a sixth-grade teacher who is short, squat and broad with a thick blond ponytail.

Author's Note: I would like to thank for finding me among ALL of Wattpad and inviting me to join NBR. It didn't take long, as in just one read of reviews, to see that NBR is full of talented writers and amazing reviewers. I would also like to thank Dawn and the entire BOD because your efforts are tireless and amazing. I continue to be beyond impressed with the professionalism and effort that is put forth, and it shows with each and every round. Needless to say – I'm thrilled to be spotlighted!! Okay – enough with the gushing Erica – get on with it!