Round 100 - Important Announcement!

Announcement: All great things must come to an end so please say goodbye to NBR...until next season! 

Yes, you read right. To celebrate our 100th round, we're happy to announce that NBR is going seasonal! 

Details about this change is posted on our Contest Updates and Bulletin Board: https://www.wattpad.com/153483864-next-big-recognition-contest-contest-updates

I encourage you to read up on it :)

Congrats to our 100th Round Spotlight Authors. The honors you have!

Commenting time frame (CST): 9/8 - 9/17

Comment Topic: How can the author accentuate/better the descriptors used to describe the world they've created? Be specific.

Moderator: dawnstarling "I can't parallel park."

---

Author #1: Reffster

 Book Title: The Four Baristas of the Apocalypse

Spotlight Chapter: Chapter 3

 Summary Thus Far: Max, Cora, Mel and Cam are enjoying a camping/fishing weekend, blissfully unaware that while they're in the wilderness, the world is being invaded by aliens. Their first inkling that something is amiss is when the final night of their getaway is interrupted by a spectacular shower of what appear to be meteors. One of these crashes into the field in which they're camped, demolishing their cars and knocking down their tents. While investigating the meteor and discovering that it has some unusual properties, another one comes down in their field, but this one turns out to be an alien spacecraft, containing (surprise, surprise) an alien. Chapter three takes place just after the alien has emerged from its ship.

Author's Note: Thanks to the NBR crew for running such a great organisation and for the chance to be spotlighted. OK, questions: -

Q1: Firstly, is it difficult to follow the events of the chapter? There's a fair bit going on and I'd appreciate feedback on how much sense it all makes.

Q2: I'd love to hear about anything you particularly liked/disliked in the chapter (either or both is fine).

In-line comment preference: Go for it.

Genre: Science Fiction

Rating: PG 

Winning Comment: Ah, the wonderful spotlight round. Congratulations! I hope you can wade through the comments without too much difficulty. I really liked the opening chapters of the story, and plan to make time to finish the book. You have me hooked! Here's some comments on your chapter. CT – I found the descriptions very entertaining. You manage to paint a picture of the events with a lot of humor thrown in, and the pace of the story is very good. I like the way you describe the average person, but find it is very Euro-centric. Funny, but not really representative of the peoples of earth. Perhaps you can dress him in pieces of clothing from several parts of the world? Or from each continent? That would add to the confusion and keep it funny. (as an aside, I like the way you have him dressed, I'm just playing devil's advocate for those fussier readers). I also think you should give his apparent age, which should be about 25 years old. Since I read the first chapters to get a feel for the highlighted ones, I found the area and the characters to be well developed. The alien ship lands in the previous chapter, the meteor is glowing at the bottom of the crater, so I think when you take the previous chapters into consideration, the questions about where the spaceship came from are answered.