Round 87

👉 Press that Star!

Announcement: The voting for BoC round 2 ends in June 3rd, 11:59 PM! Get those votes coming! Let's go!

Commenting time frame (CST): 6/2~6/11

Moderator: swiftiegirl1010

Comment Topic: Comment on the world building of the scene—how well did they set it up? Did the author successfully paint a picture in your mind or does that need more work?

---

Author #1: black_hole_survivor

Book Title: The Artist's Skill

Spotlight  Chapter: Going To Bed with Gilda

Spotlight Chapter: Going To Bed with Gilda

Summary Thus Far in Book: Austin McCaskill is the lead singer of The Langoliers, a world famous band. Austin hates the spotlight, and except for his friends, he keeps to himself.

Hailey Travers is an up and coming artist. She has a disease which, from time to time, leaves her unable to move about. Hailey is afraid of her disease becoming common knowledge for two reasons: people close to her will pity her, and professionally, she will be judged as not being able to fulfill her contracts.

Hailey and Austin have met before during one of Hailey's art shows. Austin came to dislike Hailey because of her disdain towards people like him (a tattooed rock star with money to burn) while Austin's cocky attitude towards Hailey was a big turn off for her.

Austin has had a chance to rethink his behavior towards Hailey and he provides her manager (Jules) two tickets to next The Langoliers' next concert, telling Jules, "you can bring your artist friend." 

In the previous chapter, Hailey and Jules have watched the Q&A, and because of Austin's answers and his musical performance during the session, Hailey is more open minded about getting to know him. 

To promote the upcoming concert, Austin and his band mates have just finished a harrowing, (especially for Austin) live Q&A chat session. Austin and Hailey haven't been in contact since Hailey's art show. They meet again( anonymously) online after the Q&A session ends. 

Austin is the made up persona, LangoTech

Hailey is AustinisErebus

Author's Note: Hi! It's Jess aka black_hole_survivor.

Thank you DawnStarling and the rest of the NBR team for this opportunity. I want to thank each and every member in advance for their comments. I know it is a lot a lot of work, and I truly appreciate your efforts :). Please don't hold back—the blunter the better. I need your take it to the mat feedback in order to jump start the editing of this book and pave over the plot holes the size of Texas.