Round 84

Announcement: Thank you to those who entered Round 2 of Battle of the Chapter. I will look through your entries today and post the qualified chapters, ready for voting starting May 13. Please everyone check out the entries and vote on your favorite chapter. 

Commenting time frame (CST): May 12 to May 22

Moderator: mokbook ⬅︎ is busy: counting down the days until Wonder Woman is released!! (Yes... crazy fangirl alert) 

Comment TopicFirst chapters are extremely important. They need to set the tone and entice the reader to read the rest of the book. Comment on the level of your engagement throughout the chapter. Did you find yourself skimming at times? Or were you hooked the entire way through? How was the Author able to keep you engaged and/or how did the Author lose you? 

Comment Tip: Use a kind tone. Sticks and stone may break your bones, but words can destroy your confidence in writing! Writers have left this community because of the tone in the reviews they received. #NBR is about community and writers helping writers. So, please use phrases like "might consider" instead of "must do" or "I wasn't sure about this" instead of "your writing was confusing." When we are in a rush our words can convey a message that might be more harsh than we intended. So, review with patience, kindness, and generosity. Write with a smile on your face and let your review emanate from there.

And a gentle reminder: Our NBR enforcers police everyone's reviews for potentially rude comments.

👉 Press those Stars! ☆☆☆☆

Author #1: CatharticNonsense

Book Title: I Won't

Specified Chapter:  Sad Little Life (Chapter 1)

Summary Thus Far in Book: This is only the first chapter of the story, so there isn't much background information that you need to be aware of. Here's the actual blurb of the story, though: