NBR Prompt Writing Contest

Ready for a healthy dose of creative writing? 

Of course you are, you're an NBRian. Not only are you a talented reviewer, you are an amazing writer.  And you should be rewarded for that.  

Dawn, are you creating a contest within a contest? 

Yes, I am! Here's how it will work: 

Every last week of the month, I will post one writing prompt challenge within this NBR contest book. Prompts will be thought provoking, generalized enough so you can explore the wonders of your imagination. Writers will be given two weeks to enter the contest. Readers are given one week to judge the submissions (all submissions will be less than 1000 words). The NBR Board members will break any ties.

Who are we competing with? 

The guy to your right and the gal to your left---your fellow NBR members! Only NBR members can participate in these writing challenges.

Why?

Because NBR is a community closed to the public. Only those who have passed through our screening process are given the opportunity to partake in the NBR experience.

But who chooses the winner?

You do. Contest submissions will be posted as links in the NBR contest round so everyone can access them. When the round closes, that's when voting begins.

And what do winners receive?

There can only be one winner and the winner will receive:

1. An NBR chapter dedication
2. Posting of their winning submission into the NBR book to showcase their talent
3. An automatic Spotlight in the next round

This is awesome! But what if I have already been spotlighted?

Then you spotlight again. You spotlight every time you win.

This branch of the contest is designed to strengthen member camaraderie, to apply what you've learned on NBR into your writing. You know who the Triple Crowners are, you know they are exceptional reviewers. But for those who may struggle writing reviews, now's a chance to put your name on the map.

----

* Detailed directions will be available during the prompt challenge rounds

** Rules are subject to change

*** Ask/voice concerns in the comment section below. Or cheer :)