Round 86

👉 We work hard so you can press that Star!

Announcement:

* NBR Enforcers (leah_tee and writervid) will be conducting a mandatory Comment Cleanse this round with the assumption that everyone has or is currently completing the Round 85 - 86 Homework Assignment. Details about this mandatory homework assignment can be found in round 85. During Comment Cleanse, Enforcers will police ALL reviews. Enforcers will look for:

1) Overly critical reviews without careful consideration of tone and delivery

2) Reviews lacking in details to support opinions

3) Reviews lacking insightful and deep, thorough analysis of authors' chapter

If Enforcers ask you follow up questions about your review, you MUST reply back. Comment Cleanse typically happens twice (or more if necessary) a year as a way to ensure we upkeep the culture and quality set forth by the Board. It also ensures that the NBR community continues to be a safe haven for aspiring writers. BTW, our Enforcers are super nice. Follow them, get to know them and thank them because your experience would be far less spectacular without them.

* The voting period for the Battle of the Chapters (round 2) is almost over! The last day to cast your vote for the MOST VILE VILLAIN is June 3rd. Please head on over to the round and vote, vote, vote!

Commenting time frame (CST): May 26 - June 4

Moderator: dawnstarling "If it rained spaghetti, I'd be happy forever."

Comment Topic: Dialogue can reveal a lot about our characters' traits and personalities. Mention one dialogue in the chapter that you feel sums up the Protagonist's character. How so?

---

Author #1: wandwsawday

Book Title: The Haunting of Kaleb Bell

Specified Chapter: Chapter 1

Summary Thus Far in Book: N/A

Author's Note: We're both incredibly excited for this opportunity! Joining NBR and meeting so many other talented writers has been incredible. Reading everyone's stories and comments has been an enlightening experience, and we can't wait to read your thoughts on our work.

Q1: What are your thoughts on the opening dream sequence?

Q2: This chapter is aimed at introducing the reader to the main character, Kaleb, and his two closest friends. Did you find that you got a good sense of who these characters are?