Round 57

Vote! It helps NBR ;)

Commenting time frame (CST): Oct 7 - Oct 16

Moderator: swiftiegirl1010

Announcement: Voting for September's prompt challenge has now closed! After many wonderful entries, the winner of this month is... *drum roll* Avaadore22! Congratulations! Her entry will be posted soon in the September prompt chapter.

Also, after hearing some of your feedback, we decided to add an option where you can say whether or not you prefer in-line comments during your spotlight. This is because some of you found it hard to keep track of them in your feed. So from now on, make sure to add in-line comments to only those who prefer it! We want everyone here in NBR to have the best experience possible, especially when it comes to their spotlight.

Reminders: Pay special attention to your tone when commenting.

Comment Topic: Stories contain both situations and complications. Monica Wood explains, "A complication must either illuminate, thwart, or alter what the character wants. A good complication puts emotional pressure on a character..." A complication makes the character's situation much more intense and builds tension and conflict in the story. Comment on where you see complications rising in the chapters this week. (Courtesy of ChayAvalerias)

---

Author #1: [Triple Crowner] TheAgminateMan

Book Title: The Black Want

Specified Chapter: Dreams Of Others

Summary Thus Far in Book: Given from how deep into The Black Want story this chapter has been pulled for the NBR spotlight, I expect reviewers to have difficulty connecting with the characters and their situation. The space here is too limited to allow an adequate summary of events up to this point, so I have added a more detailed summary at the chapter head. You don't have to read it, but if you intend to provide the most thorough and helpful review, I'd greatly appreciate you taking an extra couple minutes to do so and get your bearings. A (terribly) minimalist summary is as follows: Hevreol and his brother are commanders of an army marching toward victory in a civil war against a powerful religious order known as the Ardent. At the behest of their dead(?) father, they have abandoned their posts to confront a portal from which evil entities are rumored to be emanating. In the previous chapter, Hevreol may have encountered one such being.

Author's Note: My most humble thanks to everyone who makes NBR possible, moderators and reviewers alike. People like you raise the potential of Wattpad to new heights.