I'm Positive

Jamie P.O.V.
1 month later

"Ugh" I groan. Jaden went on a short "business trip" and he's coming back today. He left a few days ago. Jayla is on my bed playing on my phone. And I'm the bathroom about to brush my teeth for the 3rd time today. I've been vomiting like crazy and my period is late. I'm actually scared to take the pregnancy test. I walk into my bedroom. "Lala wanna go for icecream?" I ask her. "Yess" she says while standing up on the bed. Her vocabulary is rapidly growing. I put on her shoes and pick her up. We walk downstairs. I make sure Riley has water then I walk out the house and lock it. We get into the car. "Lala you buckled in?" I ask her as I start up the car. I look back at her and she nods her head. Jayla is 16 months, so she can say simple words. She's basically 1 and 4 months.

We just reach the icecream parlor. I get out the car and go to Jayla and take her out. We walk into the icecream parlor and up to the icecream machines. We purchase our bowls and start filling them up. "You want strawberry?" I ask Jayla. "No" she says. She points to cookies and cream. I put some in her bowl then put gummy bears ontop of it. We walk over to a table and sit down. "Don't mess up your shirt" I tell Jayla as she starts eating and dancing to the song playing on the radio. I laugh. A little girl walks up to us. "Hi. Would you like to buy some girl scout cookies?" She says while holding out samples. I smile and taste one. "OMG" I mumble. "Um how much are they?" I ask her. "$10 a box" she says while smiling at me. "I'll take 7 boxes" I say while taking out the money. She smiles at me and puts the 7 boxes on the table. I hand her one-hundred dollars. "Keep the change" I say while smiling at her. "Really! Thankyou so much ma'am" she says. She hugs me then runs to who I'm guessing is her mom. I smile at her as she waves at me. I wave to her as they walk away. I stand up and so does Jayla. I get a plastic bag and put the cookies in them. Jayla stands up on front of me and puts her hands up. I lift her up.

We just reached home. I walk up the stairs with Jayla in my arm. I walk into my room and put her on the bed. I turn on the tv so she would keep still. I walk into the bathroom and close the door. I take one of the pregnancy test I had hidden under my bathroom sink. I read the instructions. I sigh then pee on the stick. I wait the 4 minutes. I wipe my self, flush the toilet, pull up my pants and wash my hands. I walk around my bathroom nervously biting my nail. I start tapping on the counter. The alarm on my phone goes off indicating the 4 minutes are up. I exhale. I close my eyes tight then pick up the test. I open my eyes and read the result. Positive. It says positive. I stare at the test. I'm not sad or upset. I'm a little happy but I just wish it didn't happen at this moment. Maybe later on in the future I would've been fine with it, but now isn't a good time. I was supposed to be starting college soon. I sigh. "Jamie where are you?" I hear Jaden say from in my bedroom. "I'm in the bathroom." I say. "I'll be right out" I say. Should I tell him now? Well now is a better time than ever. I guess. I sigh then open the door. I put the pregnancy test in my back pocket. Jaden hugs me. "I missed you" he mumbles then kisses me. I smile. "I missed you too" I mumble. "What's wrong?" He ask. "Nothing is wrong, I just might have to postpone going to college" I mumble. He looks at me confused. He sits down on the bed. I take the pregnancy test from out of my back pocket and hand it to him. He looks at it. "Jaden if you smile imma stab you" I mumble while pacing around the room. I look at him in the corner of my eye and he's smiling. I charge after him. "Aint I told you imma stab you if you smile" I say while hovering over him. "can't a nigga be happy he finna have another child" he says while pulling me on his lap. I sigh. I rub my stomach. "I don't know how you didn't notice that I'm pregnant, I was moody and always hungry and you didn't say anything."I mumble "You always moody and hungry" he mumbles. I put Jayla on my lap. "Jayla you want mommy to have another baby?" I ask her. "No, my mommy" she says then tries to wrap her arms around my body. I laugh. "Well Jayla mommy might have your baby brother or sister inside her belly" Jaden says. I put her on the bed. "Wanna see?" I ask her. She nods her head. I stand up and lift up my shirt so she could see. She looks at my stomach and then lifts up her shirt and looks at her stomach. I laugh. Jaden puts his hands on my waist and turns me to him. He pulls me closer to him. He kisses my stomach. I giggle. "Mommy" Jayla says. "Yes baby?"I say while putting down my shirt. "No baby" she says. I sigh. "Jayla you don't want a baby brother or sister?" I ask. She shakes her head no. "But the baby is already inside of me" I say. "Aunty Kay" she mumbles. I sigh. Kayla spoils her. So anytime Jayla is upset or mad at us she goes by Kayla. She goes by Asia too but I try not to leave Asia take care of her cause Asia doesn't need to be running up and down chasing I child that isn't hers.