She's Your What?

Jamie P.O.V.
1 week later
"How are you feeling" I ask Jayla. She's been sick for a week. My mom says she probably has the flu. She shakes her head no. I sigh. Jaden took the twins out so they wouldn't get the flu too. We've been trying our best to keep Jayla away from them for now. "Sit up and eat"I mumble. She whines and closes her eyes. "Jayla come on, it'll help you get better" I mumble. "Mommy no" she whines. I sigh and put the soup on her night stand. The door bell rings. "I'll be right back" I mumble. I get up and walk down the stairs. I walk to the front door and look through the peep whole. I open the door. "Why are you here?" I ask Kay. "I need to tell you something" she says while walking into the room. She looks nervous. I close the door. "Okay you can tell me after I feed Jayla, she has the flu" I mumble while walking up the stairs. "I thought you said it was just a fever" she mumbles while following me. "Well it isn't" I mumble then sit on Jayla's bed. "Come on baby sit up" I mumble while pulling the cover from over her. She starts shivering. I put it back on her. I grab her sweater and put it on her. "Can you eat for mommy please" I mumble. She shakes her head no. "She has a soar throat too?" Kayla ask. "Yeah" I mumble. I don't like seeing my baby like this. I sit her up so she's leaning against her head board. I pick up her spoon and start feeding her. She whines. I pick up my phone and call my mom.

Phone call
Me: Hello

Mom: hi baby, haven't seen you or my grandchildren in a while

Me: mom you saw us two days ago

Mom: oh right, but what'd you call for?

Me:um Jayla has the cold and I was wondering if-

Mom: I'll be over in 5 minutes

End of Phone call

"Why'd you ask your mom to come, you can't rely on your mom for everything Jamie, they're your kids" Kayla says. "Kayla I called her to ask her for the recipe for soar throats" I mumble then roll my eyes. "Oh the one she used to use when we were younger and sick" Kayla says. "Yes Kayla, but you know how my mom is"I mumble. "Always wants things her way" Kayla mumbles. "Grandma is coming okay baby" I tell Jayla. "Papi?" She ask. "No, he's busy......at work" I say. She pouts. "I'll see if he can come" I mumble. I text him. My mom walks up to the room. "Okay super grandma is here" she says then walks into Jayla's room. "Jamie do you have lime?" She ask me. I shake my head no. She pulls a thermometer out of her hand bag and checks Jayla's temperature. "103" she mumbles. "Okay I'm taking her away, I don't want her to get anyone else sick, make sure Nevaeh and Heaven take their vitamins and you two also" she tells Kayla and I. She picks up Jayla. I sigh. "Bring her back soon please" I mumble. " I'll see and Jamie you need to redecorate your house" my mom mumbles. I laugh. "Okay I will" I mumble. Seconds later I hear the front door close. We walk into my room and lay down on the bed."you wanted to tell me something" I mumble. She sighs and sits up. I sit up also. "um a few years ago" she mumbles. "Don't be scared" I mumble then hold her hand. " remember that summer when I went to go visit family?" She ask. "When we were sixteen?" I ask her. "Yeah, um I didn't really go to visit family. I went to hide, I had a huge secret that no one knew about except my parents, some family members and Isaiah" she mumbles. I look at her confused. "At the beginning of the summer when I left I was.....6 months pregnant" she mumbles. My eyes widen. "The father is....." I mumble. "Isaiah" she mumbles. "But my stomach didn't get big until I was like 8 months" she mumbles. "So I had the baby, but I knew I wasn't ready for a baby, so we gave her up for adoption" she says. I'm still hella shocked. "But the thing is, I'm related to the person who adopted her" Kayla says and wipes a tear. "Who?" I ask her. "Um, Ariel is my cousin.......and Bella is my daughter"