1

Carrie-Ann had huffed and sighed at least a thousand times in the past half an hour. As usual, she had been left waiting for Joel.

He'd promised, yet again, that they would have a nice, romantic meal just the two of them tonight. He'd even reserved a table for the two of them which is more than he normally does, this gave her false hope, this made her believe that maybe, just maybe, he'd show up.

Be he hadn't.

Carrie-Ann rang his number again for the fifth time but there was no answer. She could feel the stares from on-lookers, the mockery from the waiters and waitresses, the questions from every passerby.

Why is Carrie-Ann Lockhart sat alone in Le Coquefur?

Because her boyfriend is a dick, that's why. She scoffs and sips her red wine, she would be charging it to Joel's credit card he'd left with her. Even though she was worth more than she could count she would still be charging this on him.

Fuck him. She thought, finishing the bitter wine. Fuck. Him.

• • • • •

"How many times are you going to let him do this to you?" Natalie, Carrie-Ann's best friend as well as makeup artist and hair stylist scolded. Carrie-Ann could afford to have two separate people do the job but she trusted Natalie with her life so she paid her double.

"I don't know, Nat." Carrie-Ann sighed as she watched Natalie hairspray her hair in the mirror.

Carrie-Ann had a meeting today with some big people she didn't really care for, she wasn't really involved in the meeting, her agent and assistant were, she was just going to show her face.

You see, being a Lockhart basically meant you could do anything you wanted, and that wasn't within reason, that was literally. Being a Lockhart is like being a Hilton, or a Kardashian or a Beckham. You're born into it without knowing until you grow up and bam. The media are obsessed with you. They watch your every move.

Quentin and Amerie Lockhart were and still are, icons of Hollywood. You couldn't go anywhere in the world without finding someone who knew at least one of their films.

They were living legends.

Coming from the Lockhart family instantly gave you a free pass into stardom, the world is your oyster, you could become anything with the name. For some, that may sound ideal. But for Carrie-Ann it was a curse.

She could never be a vet or a doctor, she had to be what was expected of her. She had to be either a model or an actress, something that carried on the family name. And even though her parents never put the pressure on her, they always told her to be what and who she wanted, the pressure was still there.

She would never be normal.

How could she be normal when her entire life has been the opposite? She was attending her parents' movie premieres from the second she could walk, and reading things on the magazines about herself her whole life.

Being a Lockhart guaranteed you everything but normality.

Amy, Carrie-Ann's younger sister(by a year), loved having her name. She used it to full advantage. This was something Carrie-Ann had experienced far too many times;

'Don't you know I'm a Lockhart?'

'Haven't you seen any of my parents' films?'