2

It had been a long day for Carrie-Ann, meeting after meeting with different companies that didn't really interest her, she only went to make her assistant happy.

After the meetings, Carrie-Ann met her sister and mother for a late lunch where they all caught up with one another.

It wasn't something they did often, Amy was always flying all over with her modelling and her mother was now working with some reality show that Carrie-Ann didn't want to be a part of - hence why she was never at her parents' place.

Once Carrie-Ann was back home she was able to nap and change into something else before being driven over to Joel's.

When she arrived, she smiled at his car parked in the driveway.

Knocking a few times, she plays with her hair until Joel answers, his phone to his ear.

He smiles gesturing for her to come in. "..Yeah, that sounds good." He answers the person on the phone as he leans in to give Carrie-Ann a quick kiss.

Carrie-Ann takes off her shoes as he disappears again, she then heard his office door shut and let's out a sigh.

Joel and Carrie-Ann have been together for ten months, nearly eleven. They met at a Christmas party. Carrie-Ann was cautious at first, he wasn't in the industry and worried he liked her for all the wrong reasons.

Joel manages music acts, some pretty big people too, he's used to being behind the scenes rather than in front of them, but that's what drew Carrie-Ann towards him.

At first their relationship was everywhere, every tabloid and social media gossip column was talking about them, but now it was all kept between them and people kind of forgot about them.

Twenty minutes later Joel found Carrie-Ann curled on his sofa watching TV.

"Sorry," He apologised sitting beside her and kissing her again.

Carrie-Ann gave him a small smile before returning her eyes back to the screen.

Joel knew he was treading on egg shells and that he had to be careful how he approached her since he ditched her yesterday.

"How was the charity gala yesterday?"

"Good, raised a lot of money so I'm happy."

Joel smiles kissing Carrie-Ann. Although he did let her down and he was amazed as to how she still loved him, he loves her very much. He couldn't imagine not having Carrie-Ann in his life, he just wished his work didn't interfere so much. It was a slippery slope and he'd felt their relationship change recently but he vowed internally to make it work with her, whatever the cost.

"How about we order in and watch a movie?"

Carrie-Ann smiled up at him with a nod. "That'd be nice," Carrie-Ann was kind of expecting for them to go out seeing as he abandoned her last night but ordering in was good enough for her, kind of.

•  •  •

"..I met Carrie-Ann Lockhart the other night," Harry had joined his friend Jeff for lunch.

"Oh, really?"

He nodded scooping up some lettuce into his mouth. "She's gorgeous,"

Jeff laughed, he knew instantly that Harry was attracted to the girl. "She has a boyfriend,"

Harry looked at him with a pout. "I read that somewhere months ago, I thought they just wrote stories about anything nowadays."

Jeff smiled. "Nope, he's a nice guy kind of, I know of him, he's a talent manager."

That made sense, Harry assumed  Carrie-Ann would go for the closest to normal she could find. She didn't appear to be bothered about fame at all.

"She's gorgeous," Harry repeated with a cheeky laugh.

"I don't think you're her type," Jeff answers honestly. "Plus her family are basically American royalty, could you handle that?"

Harry stopped eating to drink. "I can handle anything," He jokes flexing him arm muscles like a superhero. "But in all seriousness, that doesn't bother me. Just you wait and see." Harry had no idea how, but he wanted to get to know Carrie-Ann, he'd thought about their extremely brief meeting on Friday night, and he was curious to know more.

And he couldn't help but think how perfect he'd be for her.