26

• Four days later •

Australia. A place Carrie-Ann had always dreamt of going to but never actually could. She had packed everything she thought of, leaving it last minute again of course.

She had five hours until her driver was arriving so she thought to call Natalie just to tell her she'd be away for a bit.

"Hey, I was meaning to call you." Natalie chirped as she answered her phone.

"You were?" Carrie-Ann asks eating a carrot stick.

"Yeah about our girls night, are you free this evening?"

Carrie-Ann closed her eyes, swallowing the guilt hard. The past three days she'd spent catching up on emails and having Skype meetings just to clear her schedule when she's in Australia - but she'd forgotten about Natalie.

"I um.. I'm actually going to Australia tonight."

"Australia?! What, why- Harry?" She concludes.

"Yeah, he's on tour there and I'm flying out just to you know, get away from LA, until this whole drama dies down, and I want to be with him because it's involving him, he's the best one to support me at the minute."

"Oh," She could hear the disappointment in Natalie's voice loud and clear and it made her wince. She hated letting people down, especially her best friend.

"I'm sorry Natalie, I know that I should have arranged our night, I feel awful."

She was silent, Carrie-Ann knew Natalie was pissed because she's never silent.

"The second I'm back from Australia we'll do something, okay? I promise."

"Yeah, okay." Natalie's voice wasn't the slightest bit enlightened though. She just sounded like a let down best friend.

"I'm sorry Nat, I love you. Speak soon okay?"

"Yeah. Okay, speak soon."

The call came to an abrupt end and Carrie-Ann couldn't have felt worse about herself.

••••••••••••••

Even though she was flying privately, the paparazzi were lurking and taking sly photos. Ever since it came out that she and Harry had been talking, and possibly dating, the intrusion had doubled, maybe tripled. People were waiting everywhere, ready to take photos at all times.

Although Harry hadn't said a word about their relationship, Carrie-Ann had. She didn't want people to continue the abuse, and she knew it had to come from the source whether it was her or Harry.

He had told her they would find out eventually and to relax, so Carrie-Ann took to Twitter to tell people what they wanted;

@CLockhart: Hi world, a lot of people angry with me at the minute and I'm not quite sure why.. I didn't realise my relationship status..

@CLockhart: ..was so important. I think people should maybe chill out, reevaluate and focus on the things that are important in the world..

@CLockhart: ..such as bullying, poverty, world peace. My relationship is no where near the top of list of things for you to worry about..

@CLockhart: ..I won't apologise for anything, I have no need to. I just hope everyone can stop the abuse now. Spread love, not hate x

She eventually got onto the jet and let herself relax, she let Harry know she was safe and on the plane like he had instructed six times last night during their FaceTime.

She was a little cautious now with everyone, when the cabin crew member handed her some champagne she hid her phone, it was sad that she felt this was how she had to live now.

The fifteen hour flight gave Carrie-Ann enough time to sleep, eat, watch films and plan some ideas for her maybe-book.

Landing in Australia she was greeted by paparazzi, unsure as to how they knew she would be there but then realising that people must have put two and two together when they worked out Harry was in Australia and she was getting on a plane.

Mark, Niall's body guard met her, thanking the airport security.

"I've been sent because Harry wanted the toughest guy with you," He joked.

"Thank you," She smiled politely.

He took her bags and helped her into the car, pushing away the paparazzi. Thankfully they weren't as intense as LA.

• • • •

The moment she stepped into Harry's hotel room she ran towards him, wrapping her arms and legs around him in a tight embrace.

It had been nine days since she saw him yet it felt like a life time.

"Hey you," He chuckles holding her.

"Hi," She mumbles into his neck.

"Missed me?"

She pulls back. "Hell yeah,"

"I've missed you too," He kisses her forehead.

He had missed her, probably more than she would ever know. He had a little countdown timer on his phone, and a photo of her as his wallpaper to get him through the wait, but it wasn't the same.

"I'm just glad to be with you," She breathes unzipping her bag and taking out her phone. "I'm fed up of people," She huffs.

Harry takes her phone off of her and throws it on the bed. "You don't need that now,"

"No funny business Mr Styles, I'm far too tired and jetlagged." Carrie-Ann warns holding up her hand.

He pouts wrapping his arms back around her waist. "Shall we just cuddle then?" He whispers.

She nods. "I'll fall asleep,"

"Fine by me," He kisses her lips softly, she deepens the kiss, biting his lip. "Mmm, stop teasing me."

She smiles stepping back, taking his hand. "I'm sorry, let's cuddle."

They both climb into his bed, settling in together, completely happy to be with each other once again.