18

Carrie-Ann and Harry were in the car to the show Harry and the boys are performing at. Yesterday, she was able to relax in the indoor pool that the house had down in the basement - it was a very nice surprise for her. When Harry got back from rehearsal, he cooked whilst she once again - attempted - to help.

"You okay?" He asks looking over at her.

She wasn't okay, she was anything but okay. She felt nauseous and anxious and just.. not ready.

"I'm nervous," She announces quietly, she was conscious of the driver overhearing.

Harry takes her gloved hand and kisses it but it didn't calm her down. She wasn't sure how this was going to work, if people saw her, rumours would start and people would talk and speculate. She couldn't handle the stress of the world finding out about her and Harry just yet, not when they were still talking about her break up with Joel.

"I don't think this is a good idea Harry,"

"Trust me, okay?" He looks up at her. "Do you trust me?"

She nods silently.

"Then trust me,"

They arrived and Carrie-Ann's stomach flipped. She saw hundreds of girls waiting outside the gates, she didn't know how this was going to work at all.

"Harry," She looks at him with pure panic in her eyes, she even felt tears welling up.

"It's okay," He promised.  "Drive round?" He called to the driver who nodded.

They were driven round and down through an alley way, Carrie-Ann's heartbeat returned to normal as there was no one around.

Harry hands her a black pass with the One Direction logo, her name and a 'AAA' sign. "Go through this door and show it to the kitchen staff, I'll meet you in there, okay?"

She looked at him unsure but nodded anyway. "Okay,"

She followed his instruction but was stopped every so often to be asked if she really was The Carrie-Ann Lockhart going through a venues kitchen.

When she finally made it through the kitchen staff she was shown the waiting area but she heard everyone talking inside so she decided to wait outside the door for Harry.

When he turned the corner, his eyes lit up as well as hers with relief.

"You okay?" He asks kissing her forehead.

"That was stressful," She sighs.

"I know,"

Carrie-Ann was introduced to everyone, literally. Harry made sure to introduce her to the boys, their girlfriends, all the crew, everyone.

She felt their eyes on her, watching her. She was used to this, it wasn't a usual occurrence for someone like Carrie-Ann to just show up backstage, but she didn't feel like their eyes were judging her, they were just curious. They probably wanted to know why she was here with Harry as his 'friend' like he put it, and how they even know each other or how they met.

"I like your boots," This came from Lou, Harry introduced her as the "not very cool hair stylist". She could tell by the way he said it and the way he joked and teased her that they were really good friends.

"Thank you," Carrie-Ann felt awkward, everyone including Harry was off talking and laughing and she felt alone and observed, unsure where to look and what to do with herself.

So she sat awkwardly in an armchair with her bag in her lap.

"Are you staying in Paris?" Lou asked.