15

Carrie-Ann was seething angry. She was beyond angry in fact. She was probably ready to fight the next waiter who would ask if she'd like a refill yet again.

She didn't want another refill. She didn't want anything.

Today, marked the one year anniversary of Carrie-Ann and Joel. They had been together one whole year.

But in true Joel style he was no where to be seen.

Carrie-Ann had been sat waiting for twenty three minutes exactly, she had already downed two flutes of champagne.

Joel had booked this just days ago for the two of them, how could he forget? He'd made reservations at the most expensive and exclusive restaurant in LA.

But he was no where to be seen.

Carrie-Ann had called him twice, but he didn't answer. She could see people looking over and whispering, right now Carrie-Ann felt like even the walls had eyes staring at her. She was in an Elie Saab dress that had been fitted to her purposely for tonight.

What a waste.

Carrie-Ann felt like crying, that's all she could think about right now. It had been four days since Harry left and five days until she saw him again in Paris.

She called him without thinking.

"Hello?" His voice was deep and it sounded like she woke him up.

"Shit," She winces. "Did I wake you up?" She hadn't even thought about time difference.

"No, no it's fine." She had woken him up but Harry didn't want to tell her that, she hardly rang him so he was grateful that it was her waking him up. "What's up?"

Carrie-Ann sighed and Harry knew something was wrong.

"Caz?"

"It's mine and Joel's one year anniversary.. I'm currently sat in Ink alone, it's been twenty nine minutes."

"Are you serious? He's stood you up?"

"He won't answer my calls, I don't know what to do."

"Leave the restaurant babe," Harry soothes. "Go home, have a bath and think about seeing me soon."

She smiled, the lump in her throat deflating. "I can't wait,"

"He's no good for you Caz,"

She was silent but Harry expected it.

"Are you leaving?"

Carrie-Ann stands up and waves over to the waiter, she tells him to charge the champagne to Joel's card and leaves the restaurant. With Harry's phonecall still clutched in her hand she wades through the paparazzi to her driver who is already waiting.

Harry listens through the phone to the things the paparazzi shout, it wasn't a big shock to him, they were everywhere.

Once in the car Carrie-Ann puts the phone to her ear. "Back, sorry."

"No worries, you're going home?"

"Yes,"

"And you'll run a bath?"